Author Topic: Morris family from Peter's Hill district.  (Read 648 times)

city hall

Morris family from Peter's Hill district.
« on: May 23, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »
Hi all,
Is anyone descended from or related to the Morris family who lived in Peter's Hill in the 1870s and 1880s? I recently located the last resting place of my Great Grandfather and Great Great Grandfather and they are both buried in (separate) graves owned by a Jane Morris from Peter's Hill. My relatives were not related to Jane Morris (as far as I know) so she must have been a very kind lady. I have procured the names of the (17) people interred in the 2 plots. If anyone is related to the Morris family, I am happy to share this information with them.

Regards.

Loneygrandchild

Re: Morris family from Peter's Hill district.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »
Hi city hall, would there be any O'Neills interred with the Morris family?
On the 1901 census my Great Granda Francis O'Neill, his wife Elizabeth O'Hara & their son William are boarding with a Francis & Susannah Morris & their children Francis, Patrick & Felix at 20 McDonnell Street.
I am trying to find out if they were related or just boarding.
LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

city hall

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »
Sorry LGC, no O'Neills listed. The surnames are Morris, Largey, McCartin,McCann and McClinton. The street names mentioned are Gardiner Street, Glasshouse Street, Abbey Street, Hamilton Place West, Woodford Street, Peter's Hill, Boyd Street, Sidney Street and Cooke Street.

City Hall. 

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »
Ok, thanks.
LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

georgemorris

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »
Ann Jane Morris, wife of Ralph Orridge Morris my great grandfather may have been the lady you seek.  They resided at No 37 Shankill Road and had glass cutting and furniture business there.  'R.O.' Morris was very benevolent and gave greatly of his time to local churches and top the poor of the area.  He had a lengthy Obituary in the Belfast Newsletter when he died in 1903.  His wife died in 1921.  Both are buries in the Morris family grave in the City Cemetery.  Let me know if you want further information

Shinners76

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 05:48:35 PM »
Sorry just stumbled across this thread. Jane Morris was my 3rd time great grandmother. She lived at 46 Peter's Hill and married David Mathews. I would be very interested to hear any information you may have.

Many thanks