Author Topic: Treetops Hotel  (Read 2773 times)

Pamela19

Treetops Hotel
« on: June 14, 2014, 07:05:38 PM »
Does anyone know where the Treetops Hotel was in Belfast, it may have been in the Newtownards Road area?

bothy

Re: Treetops Hotel
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 09:27:32 PM »
Hi Pamela19, welcome to the board. The Treetops Hotel was located behind the Park Avenue Hotel and was very popular in the 60's and 70's. I had my wedding reception there in 1968, long time ago!!!  Dont know when it closed but it must be quite some time, hope this helps.

Pamela19

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:52:57 PM »
Thanks for that, I was told it was above Holywood Arches, but my mum worked in Irvines shoe shop and couldn't remember it. The reason I was asking is that I have a set of abont 12 Walker & Hall cruets, inscribed Treetops, they are stored in an old amunition box which has been painted and marked, cruets Cregagh Caterers, they must have been sold off when it closed down and I love knowing the history of any unusual pieces I come across. Cheers Pamela

Brian Thompson

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »
Hi. I worked there for Stanley Hamilton in the early 70s . Was a great Hotel and had an ideal dance hall which was used to be very popular for weddings then. Dont know when it closed. I think it became a club. Happy days.
 :)

Brian Thompson

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »
As bothy said it was behind the Park Avenue Hotel but closer to The Maple Leaf club in an area known as the Strand just abve the Arches jut off the Holywood Road.

weenick

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »
the treetops is now the 45club. it is part of the masonic.

Turbotom

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »
Hi tree topshotel is now a masonic hall

Val

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 11:48:57 PM »
We also had our wedding reception In Tree Tops in 1965.  It had beautiful grounds for taking pictures as well.  :)

nerja6

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 08:19:22 PM »
Funnily enough I’ve just got back from a brief stay at the Park Avenue and was curious to know what had happened to the Treetops. It was also in Park Avenue and the building has gone to wrack and ruin. There is a sign up, saying that a housing development is to take place on the site. Changing the subject, was Irvine’s the Clarke’s shoe shop? My granny used to buy me my school shoes there!

derdrei

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 03:04:56 AM »
Funnily enough I’ve just got back from a brief stay at the Park Avenue and was curious to know what had happened to the Treetops. It was also in Park Avenue and the building has gone to wrack and ruin. There is a sign up, saying that a housing development is to take place on the site. Changing the subject, was Irvine’s the Clarke’s shoe shop? My granny used to buy me my school shoes there!
thats sad about the Treetops it was nice at one stage.

Ali65

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 01:48:16 AM »
Hi I know it's been some years since this was posted but I have always been wanting to find out more info on the Tree tops. I would love a photo if anyone would have one? The reason being that Stanley and Audrey Hamilton were my in laws. I have been married  to their son Raymond for 32 years. Sadly both Stanley and Audrey divorced some years ago and they have both since died. I know they sold the Tree tops in the 70's and bought a boat named the 'Balholm'. It was the first floating restaurant in northern Ireland and was docked at Bangor sea front. This is as much as I  know but would love to know more. Thanks, Alison

Den123

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 08:28:02 PM »
I remember the Tree Tops fondly. I see the Park Avenue has now announced its closure. Very sad indeed.