Author Topic: Groomsport Street  (Read 2676 times)

[email protected]

Groomsport Street
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »

My late Grandfather lived on Groomsport Street in the 1920's .. I tried to locate it but was told it doesn't exsist anymore ! Has anyone any old photos of Groomsport Street ?

dimples45

Re: Groomsport Street
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »
hi, groomsport  street was redeveloped and is now called groomsport court  its off manor street. /

[email protected]

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 10:56:43 PM »
Thanks so much for the info ... would really love to have a photo of Groomsport Street before it was redeveloped   I have even gone to the Linen Hall to see if they could find one but no luck .. am just hoping someone may have one !

pentio

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 01:20:16 AM »

My late Grandfather lived on Groomsport Street in the 1920's .. I tried to locate it but was told it doesn't exsist anymore ! Has anyone any old photos of Groomsport Street ?

Hi,vanessarojack, A very warm welcome to the Forum, I hope you enjoy the site.

Here is an old photograph of Groomsport Street for you, it was posted a while back. I think it was from the 1960's, enjoy!

[email protected]

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
 :yahoo:  Pentio !! Thank you soooo much ! Am delighted with the photo it is exactly what I wanted.. thanks again .. Vanessa

pentio

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »
:yahoo:  Pentio !! Thank you soooo much ! Am delighted with the photo it is exactly what I wanted.. thanks again .. Vanessa

Vanessa, you're welcome, glad I was able to help. If you need anything else feel free to give me a shout.

[email protected]

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 04:32:16 PM »

Thanks again  !   :)

Elaine Irvine

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 01:29:38 PM »
Hi Pento, I'm totally amazed by the photo that you posted. It's my late Granny Irvine. I would love to know what newspaper this appeared in or how you came by this pic as I would really like to have a copy of the original.
Thanks,
Elaine Irvine

pentio

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 10:03:11 AM »
Hi Pento, I'm totally amazed by the photo that you posted. It's my late Granny Irvine. I would love to know what newspaper this appeared in or how you came by this pic as I would really like to have a copy of the original.
Thanks,
Elaine Irvine

Hi Elaine, a couple of years ago I was sent a number of discs which had dozens of old photographs of Belfast. They were sent to me from a member of the Forum.

I cannot recall his name and I'm not sure if he still posts on here. I will make enquiries to see if I can find out any more information about the photo.

Are you from the Oldpark area ?

if

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 06:57:55 PM »
Hi Pentio
The photo of Groomsport Street you posted is no longer available.  Is it possible to repost it?