Author Topic: lawnbrook avenue 1960's  (Read 1285 times)

topdog

lawnbrook avenue 1960's
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »
looking for old friends around Lawnbrook Avenue in the 60's Ken McKown, Winstanley(father owned the shoemakers beside the library, Ken Hamilton, Davy Rice ,Davy Fyffe, Viviene Bell, Edna Johnston time is getting short as we get older and I was wondering what happened to them.

DJ

Re: lawnbrook avenue 1960's
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »
Hi Topdog. As you went down Lawnbrook Ave from the Shankill Rd, my uncle, Billy Johnston, lived in the first house on the right. His son was also called Billy. The house had a garage/yard attached to it and also had a loft which we used to play in as kids.

harrydunn

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 07:30:42 PM »
Have a look on the Shankill Road thread you will find lots of people from this area posting on there I am originally from Brussels Street, top of Carnan St.
Harry

topdog

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »
thanks for that, most of the people I spent my youth with are probably long gone from the area in one way or another.
I went to Ballygo and even on that site most of the authors are younger than me.

harrydunn

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »
thanks for that, most of the people I spent my youth with are probably long gone from the area in one way or another.
I went to Ballygo and even on that site most of the authors are younger than me.
if you went to Ballygo that makes you well younger than me as well I went to Glenwood :)
Sister Elsie went to Ballygo.

topdog

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
no girls at ballgo when I was there, all boys, the girls went to the mad house next door, Glencairn Girls. Well known for the fighting and stone throwing over the fence at the Ballygo boys. ::)