Author Topic: any one remember the craig family of 167 matilda st mid50s late 60 s  (Read 1584 times)

scotland

We lived at 167 Matilda Street Martha, Mollie, Robert and Agnes anyone remember us.

JamesyMurphy

Re: any one remember the craig family of 167 matilda st mid50s late 60 s
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 11:03:40 PM »
Hi,I lived in 129 Matilda st until 69 I can't remember you but I think 167was possibly between the Cummings and the Armrods across from yous would be the Haggans ,swaffields ,hughie mccrumb,the Robinsons. You might have known some of my family Danny jamesy Henry Billy Helen Gladys all murphy

scotland

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 03:20:52 PM »
Hi James did you live close to Patsy Johnstone she lived a few doors down from Mina Littles pub the Omrods and the Cummings lived almost facing the Haggans and the Swafields we
lived almost facing the Robinsons 2 doors up from them there was a brick wall part of a building in Hunter St could have been a builders yard ,sawmill not quite sure our house faced that wall did one of your sisters have dark hair and did she like jiving ? Cheers M😃😃

JamesyMurphy

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 09:49:46 PM »
Hi Scotland,there was a family called Johnson who lived just above us but I can't remember a patsy, all 3 of my aunts loved jiving Helen and Gladys had light hair but our Sally's was dark she moved to England early 60s I think, I know exactly where you lived but can't place the names or faces,our house was about 5doors up from mina littles we were nearly across from Tommy McCrumbs shop take care and hopefully speak again soon.

scotland

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 02:19:57 AM »
Hi JM know exactly where you lived now often went into Tommy McCrumbs a house  converted into a little shop did you go to Workman Primary school we went there and for some reason had to go to Blythe St school for a year before moving up the street to Linfield for a few years then moving to Kelvin in Roden St .My brother had many friends over the years Jim Cupples Bunny Hanna etc he often got the nickname Tiger .Do you remember the Audleys Walshes Redferns Eunice Hutchinson her dad played the saw outside the GNR in Great Victoria St
Do you remember Dempsey's chippy or the Orange cafe on the Donegal Rd ? Aren't memories wonderful take care and best wishes M 😃😃

moorsy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:58:09 PM »
Hi JM know exactly where you lived now often went into Tommy McCrumbs a house  converted into a little shop did you go to Workman Primary school we went there and for some reason had to go to Blythe St school for a year before moving up the street to Linfield for a few years then moving to Kelvin in Roden St .My brother had many friends over the years Jim Cupples Bunny Hanna etc he often got the nickname Tiger .Do you remember the Audleys Walshes Redferns Eunice Hutchinson her dad played the saw outside the GNR in Great Victoria St
Do you remember Dempsey's chippy or the Orange cafe on the Donegal Rd ? Aren't memories wonderful take care and best wishes M 😃😃
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

moorsy

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 12:00:10 AM »
So that was the man who played the saw at the station, never knew him name.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.