Author Topic: Regan's - Ship Street & Great George's Street  (Read 2296 times)

CMcG

Re: Regan's - Ship Street & Great George's Street
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 10:52:31 PM »
Manus O'Brien born 21 February 1925, baptised in St. Patrick's Belfast the next day, parents given as Denis O'Brien and Margaret J O'Regan of 15 Great George's Street, sponsors James and Brigid O'Regan.

John O'Brien born 5 April 1927, baptised in St. Patrick's 10 April, parents as above, sponsors Martin Kennedy and Hannah O'Regan.

Doreen O'Brien born 23 November 1929, baptised in St. Patrick's the next day, parents as above, sponsor Josephine O'Doherty.

Denis O'Brien born 5 April 1931, baptised in St. Patrick's 11 April, parents as above, sponsor Hanna O'Regan.

CMcG

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 11:03:04 PM »
Gerard Alphonsus O'Doherty born 24 April 1928, baptised in St. Patrick's Belfast on 29 April, parents given as Joseph Ernest O'Doherty and Mary Josephine O'Regan of 15 Great George's Street, sponsor Margaret O'Doherty.

Maureen Anne O'Doherty baptised on 30 March 1929 in St. Patrick's, parents as above, sponsor Margaret O'Brien.

CMcG

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 11:19:18 PM »
PRONI Will Calendars: O'Regan Francis otherwise Regan Frank of 15 Great Georges Street Belfast coachman died 8 November 1934 Administration Belfast 11 December to Mary Ann O'Regan the widow. Effects £86 7s.

From the Mid Ulster Mail of 17 November 1934:

CMcG

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 11:42:10 PM »
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Duncairn_Ward/Ship/132934/

In addition to children James, Margaret, Josephine, Bernard and Hannah Theresa above, Francis Regan and Mary Anne Moore had Robert (b. 1913), Francis George (b. 1915 - m. Sarah Rainey in St. Peter's in 1938), Alfred (b. 1916 - m. Margt. Annie Craig in 1940), Ernest (b. 1918 - married Isabella Teresa Millar in St. Patrick's in 1942), and Manus Griffith Sarsfield (b. 1921).

Gill1

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »
Wow! This is fantastic information, are you also related in Regan Family? Thank you so much for the information, I have  a copy of a huge family tree on 2 bits of wallpaper scanned from The Market Inn in Draperstown (owned by Maurice Regan) and trying to find the right line!

CMcG

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 05:08:57 PM »
Not related, just noticed a few things that seem to fit...  :)

belle_fast

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 09:39:31 PM »
Hi belle_fast are you still on this forum? Was hoping we could make contact.I'm looking into my grandfathers family,Alfie  Regan brother of your Great Grandfather Jimmy Regan?

Hi Gill,

Iím not here very often but would love to hear from you! I do keep a tree but have not been able to devote much time to it over the last year or so.

Iíll try to drop you a private message now 😁

Regan / O'Regan, Kennedy, Moore, Maskey, Sloan, Carser, Forrester, Gillen & McCartney.

belle_fast

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 09:43:01 PM »
October 1921:

Thank you for locating this CMcG, this has come as a shock to me as I was not aware of it.

That house brought nothing but bad luck to my family, this is but another one to add to the list.

Thanks again.
Regan / O'Regan, Kennedy, Moore, Maskey, Sloan, Carser, Forrester, Gillen & McCartney.

belle_fast

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »
Manus O'Brien born 21 February 1925, baptised in St. Patrick's Belfast the next day, parents given as Denis O'Brien and Margaret J O'Regan of 15 Great George's Street, sponsors James and Brigid O'Regan.

John O'Brien born 5 April 1927, baptised in St. Patrick's 10 April, parents as above, sponsors Martin Kennedy and Hannah O'Regan.

Doreen O'Brien born 23 November 1929, baptised in St. Patrick's the next day, parents as above, sponsor Josephine O'Doherty.

Denis O'Brien born 5 April 1931, baptised in St. Patrick's 11 April, parents as above, sponsor Hanna O'Regan.
[/

Yes these are the children of my Great Aunt Peggy, my Great Grandparents Jim & Brigid stood for their older boy Manus. Their story is so very sad.

Sadly within a few years both Manus & little John (known as Jackie) died. Jackie in tragic circumstances aged just 2 and Manus just days later to illness aged just 4 😥. Iím in contact with their niece in the States now and have since been sent pictures of the wee boys. They were lovely too 😥

My Great Grandmother Brigid then died in childbirth, a few years after that. She was only 29 and left 3 little boys behind ☹️.

They all resided at that house at Great Georgeís Street at one time, hence why I thought it was such bad luck.

Just thought youíd be interested after locating this info for us, thanks CMcG.