Author Topic: Remembering Gerry: An Evening of Music  (Read 6618 times)

Patsy-Ann

Re: Remembering Gerry: An Evening of Music
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
It was vg and well worth the watch,catch you later  :-*
Molly I  had seen that was wondering if the show at the Black Box as it was  said to be the  main tribute to Gerry had been televised? Would love to see that and have heard various presentors playing some lovely music from it. There were not many tickets for it so think BBC should have recorded the event? Any info on this and thank you for the link :-* :-*
We make a living by what we get...We make a life by what we Give.

Belfast Woman

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »

An Evening of Music

Remembering Gerry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mh78n

Gerry Kelly introduces local music on what would have been Gerry Anderson's 70th birthday, including Paul Casey, Bronagh Gallagher, Anthony Toner, Best Boy Grip and Sean Donnelly.

Patsy-Ann

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »
An Evening of Music

Remembering Gerry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mh78n

Gerry Kelly introduces local music on what would have been Gerry Anderson's 70th birthday, including Paul Casey, Bronagh Gallagher, Anthony Toner, Best Boy Grip and Sean Donnelly.
Thank you once again Molly Rose, I look foreward to listening to it :) Pity it had not been televised :-* :-*
We make a living by what we get...We make a life by what we Give.

Belfast Woman

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »

On The Air DVD

Gerry Anderson

Got this today its on Amazon or other good outlets 9.99

Worth a watch,very funny

Timmo

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »
One of my favourite memories of his radio show was the one where Geordie give the woman advice on helping her dog. he said about using Jayes Fluid on the pooch but he forgot to mention to dilute it. Not too funny for the dog, but you just had to laugh at the stir it caused.

Another time he was having some banter with Sean about bungy jumping and I sent him an email to tell him that the hard as nails bungy jumping club was offering Sean a free day out to jump. The catch being we used ordinary ropes. He took great pleasure telling him about the offer. :)
Before you laugh at someone else, have a look in the mirror.

McNamee

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »
Ah Timmo, he is sadly missed...I loved his humour, specially when he could not give a damn about what the listener was ringing in about....I remember him saying one day to some lady who had lost her dog...."My eyes are glazing over here", yet on another occasion he could be so sympathetic.  I preferred him when he wasn't. .lol

Timmo

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 10:08:39 PM »
Ah Timmo, he is sadly missed...I loved his humour, specially when he could not give a damn about what the listener was ringing in about....I remember him saying one day to some lady who had lost her dog...."My eyes are glazing over here", yet on another occasion he could be so sympathetic.  I preferred him when he wasn't. .lol

Exactly. He was a one off. :D
Before you laugh at someone else, have a look in the mirror.