Author Topic: Ashers bakery, any thoughts.  (Read 111642 times)

flaxman

Ashers bakery, any thoughts.
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:08:22 AM »
Just when most people thought this storm in a tea cake had gone away , think again, the "Equalities Commission " has stepped in taking up there substantial cudgels on behalf of the whing... er complaners ( who else ) . This is a tax payer funded organisation who have given Ashers ( a family run bakery ) an ultimatum, pay compensation to the whing...complainers or face years of court action which will lead to bankruptcy and loss of jobs. And all because of a cake topping .

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/gay-marriage-cake-row-christian-bakery-ashers-told-to-pay-compensation-or-face-legal-action-30723562.html

A lesson to all, you must bow to the gay lobby, or else!! you have been warned!

flaxman

Ashers bakery, any thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 05:03:41 AM »
Should they be thrown to the arena of the PC brigade and be labeld for ever as homophobic , intolent, Nazi ,scum of the earth for refusing to make a cake topping. this is the question, or should there human rights be equal to any private citizens rights in tellling them to [censored] off.

brixmis

Gay fascists V Ashers home bakery
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »
I see the fascists of the "Rainbow alliance" are demanding compo from Ashers over the "Gay cake" debacle.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

old3wheeler

Re: Gay fascists V Ashers home bakery
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
im behind Ashers 110% , they did not refuse to serve this idividual Homosexual ,they did refuse to decorate a cake with a requested  motif because they found it offensive, If a Priest or a Minister refused to marry two homosexuals are they breaking the law by practising " Discrimination" ? This whole shambles of a so called case of discrimination is a pure publicity stunt being carried out by right wing homosexuals .
     On the other hand could i have been discriminated by my church who refused to let my grandson have his Christening in church?  Because his mother was single ? in fact they would not Christen him but agreed to bless him but in my  home not the church?  Needless to say i take nothing to do with them now , regards ken
" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."

AL CAPONE

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 10:54:01 AM »
And rightly so.

tours

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 11:38:39 AM »
The worlds gone mad. I will never vote Sinn Fein again. On moral/religious issues, im more inclined to vote DUP. How can any PRACTICING CATHOLIC vote for a party (Sinn Fein), and in doing so, put at risk their eternal soul?

Orior

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »
I wonder the Human Rights brigade help me take the Human Rights brigade to court for being a bunch of [censored]?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

jimn

Re: Ashers bakery, any thoughts.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 12:48:36 PM »
What is Tours talking about. How does Sinn Fein come into this debate.
Surely GA didnt bake the cake!!!!!!

eros

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
Jimn, look on the bright side of things One less voter for SinnFein :D Eros
Lest we Forget

jimn

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
It is not the one lost that counts it is the thousands gained that will make the change

tours

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 02:55:26 PM »
Catriona Ruian (Sinn Fein) is backing the case against Asher's Bakery.

tours

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »
It is not the one lost that counts it is the thousands gained that will make the change
The end justifies the means Jim..eh? All morality/principles out the window, for more votes. People arnt stupid...Sinn Veins liberal stances on moral/religious matters will be the ruin off them eventually. Lies + more lies, unborn children threatened, same sex marriage, what next???

Orior

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »
The end justifies the means Jim..eh? All morality/principles out the window, for more votes. People arnt stupid...Sinn Veins liberal stances on moral/religious matters will be the ruin off them eventually. Lies + more lies, unborn children threatened, same sex marriage, what next???

Those sound very much like British ideals. You'll be sorry when Queen Elton reigns over the ESC (England and the Six Counties)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GandT

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
You can read the full story here, very depressing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2824510/The-real-victims-bigotry-family-bakers-dragged-court-opponents-gay-marriage-persecuted-Tories-vowed-protect-them.html

Asher's did not discriminate against gay people. They entered a contract in good faith without being aware that the cake would carry a 'political' message. In my view they are eminently entitled to refuse. I assume that they would have refused had it been an unmarried heterosexual person, a married heterosexual couple [married or unmarried], Catholic or Protestant customers who were asking for this particular message. The refusal is not on the ground of anyone's sexuality but on the grounds of offence against personal belief and a 'political' message. I would not have expected them to write 'UP the IRA' or 'UVF' and had they done so the PC lobby would have gone crackers. Don't often agree with Peter Robinson but he is totally correct in saying that the Equality Commission is 'bonkers' for taking this to court. Don't often agree with the 'saved' lobby either but would contribute to a fun to help Ashers fight this one! Interestingly, a fair number of gay people disown this particular move.