Author Topic: Kids  (Read 2071 times)

Goodkarma

Kids
« on: November 14, 2014, 06:13:10 PM »
Hi everybody and thanks for reading this. I work as a Youth Support Worker in one of the most deprived areas of Belfast. The kids that attend our youth centre are remarkable when you see the environment that they are exposed to from such an early age. We don't see our self as the 'saviours' of these kids, we are merely their to facilitate and help develop the tremendous potential that these kids have within themselves. Everybody deserves the opportunity in life to progress and live happy and fulfilling lives no matter what their personal circumstances are.
My self and my colleagues, some of which are very young themselves, 16,17,18 plus a few of us more mature ones  ;)  are going to make a Christmas dinner for all the kids who attend our club, we were thinking around the 18th.
We have very limited funding as we always try to provide a vibrant and exciting summer scheme which gives our kids the chance to experience new things such as overnight trips away to places they've never seen before and get involved in group activities.

Goodkarma

Kids
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »
Re:Christmas Dinner for kids.

I meant to say we are hosting the Xmas dinner around the 18th of December.
I don't really know how to word this but any donations in relation to food or decorations would be wonderful.
I will happily exchange details and give more info to any of you good people out there.
Would be great if you let me know via forum first.

BLESSED ARE THE CHILDREN (PSALM 128)
Blessed are the children
who walk in the Lord.
Blessings and joy shall be theirs.
Theirs is the bounty,
the fruit of the vine.
Theirs is the joy of God's care.

Dommo

Re: Kids
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »
Re:Christmas Dinner for kids.

I meant to say we are hosting the Xmas dinner around the 18th of December.
I don't really know how to word this but any donations in relation to food or decorations would be wonderful.
I will happily exchange details and give more info to any of you good people out there.
Would be great if you let me know via forum first.

BLESSED ARE THE CHILDREN (PSALM 128)
Blessed are the children
who walk in the Lord.
Blessings and joy shall be theirs.
Theirs is the bounty,
the fruit of the vine.
Theirs is the joy of God's care.
Where?
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Goodkarma

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 10:42:42 PM »
All information and details will be shared with anybody who offers genuine help.
We are based in the west of the city and promote cross community work with our colleagues across the peace line who also work tirelessly to help improve the lives of the children they work with.

Thanks for your reply

Dommo

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:43:39 PM »
All information and details will be shared with anybody who offers genuine help.
We are based in the west of the city and promote cross community work with our colleagues across the peace line who also work tirelessly to help improve the lives of the children they work with.

Thanks for your reply
Thanks for the info.
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra