Author Topic: McQuaides: Shankill, Conway Street, North Howard Street, Highfield  (Read 718 times)

Limarde

Looking for any information on my family members who lived in the above mentioned places from the 1940s (and possibly before).

Much appreciated,

Regards,

Limarde

JimG

Re: McQuaides: Shankill, Conway Street, North Howard Street, Highfield
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »
     Try McQuaide 1943 site:http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk. The 1943 directory is slowly getting an alpha index the only way to quickly make your own list of possible relatives is to go through each result working down a clump of streets sometimes with a St No which helps.  All the results I think are spelt  McQuadeGod luck but hoping someone knows them for you JimG, The 1911 census is on line as is an earlier 1918 street directory also on Mary Lennons website

Limarde

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
Thank you very much, I have just been on that site and it is fantastic! I have already found a few now, although the name has so many variations it's difficult to keep track. I have found Margaret living in Conway Street, presumably with her sons Alexander, Thomas, William and others- I think there was a Lily... Fingers crossed someone might know something but you have given me a good place to start some grafting. Thanks again :)

JimG

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
     In case you dint spot the following[/font]
From www.lennonwylie.co.uk[/font]
Mrs Margaret McQuaide predecessor was [/font]
166. McQuaide, Jas., iron moulder in 1918[/font]
 [/font]
I also see a few McQuaide emigrating around 1957s from Belfast see familysearch.com [/font]
 [/font]
but with your existing knowledge you might trace more including lily[/font]
by registering to search on GRONI but first read others experience which you should read via search on this Belfast Forum[/font]
 [/font]
Items noticed onfamilysearch.org [/font]
 A James McQuaid died in Belfast in 1918 aged 41, b ~1877 [/font]
A James McQuaid birth recorded Omagh 1877, but also in Dromore Co Tyrone was so was James Mcquaide[/font]
Birth Date:  04 Sep 1877[/font]
Birthplace:  Dromore, Tyrone, Ireland[/font]
Father's Name:   Patrick Mcquaide[/font]
Mother's Name:  Margaret Mcquaide Gallagher[/font]
 [/font]
See also people who offer on this website to look up say Conway Street nos inc 166 for 1950 and 1960, or search to try Mary Lennons website for missing years

Thats me finished. Keep going Jim
Finally do you know their religion and the nearest church/chapel in Conway street area.[/font]

sorry about unwanted  'font' message from my mac

ajones

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
Hi,

My father was related to the McQuade's. His mother was Sarah Catherine Todd nee Sloan and her sister Margaret Sloan married a James McQuade on the 28/12/1914. At the time they resided in Tobergill Street. Shankilll Road.  Later they lived 166, Conway Street, my dad lived in 160 Conway Street. Then when we lived up in Highfield, the McQuades also lived I think it was Highfield Drive. I remember Tommy was my dad's cousin and one of his sons was called Sandy.