Author Topic: Mountcollyer Secondary School. North Belfast  (Read 36602 times)

Katie8

Re: Mountcollyer Secondary School. North Belfast
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2013, 10:49:22 PM »
My name Kathleen McFarland I went to mountcollier school 1974 to1981 headmaster was mr power is there anyone out there who's nos school friends  are crankier keringan crankier walker lAura Prichard Donna Longan? Danny Cambell and Colin Lary??
I would love to get in touch with anyone...
xxxxxxx :) <3

xmas43

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2013, 11:18:46 PM »
Does anyone know of a Jimmy & Roy Adams who may have attended Mountcollyer School..they lived top end of Glencollyer St around 1950.
Also I have tried to get info about the bomb damage 1941 to top end Mountcollyer St. My Gran [who lived back to back to these houses.. on Glencollyer St] told me about this bombing.

ronnie0514

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »
I went to Mountcollyer from about 65 to 69, I was a paperboy and used to deliver Mr Powers papers , also his mums she lived at 66 Upper Cavehill Road. He used to give me a lift back down the road so I would not be late for school. Does anybody remember Mr Stevenson (Stabo) the english teacher  and his cane in the cupboard , I felt that across my hands a few times.

Bill crawford

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2014, 07:02:29 PM »
Sorry Rory just to say Billy Hale was my wood work teacher as well I left 1961 mate anyone know Margaret Harrison from Mountcollyer Ave

david craig

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »
Does anyone remember a Jean Craig from Collyer Street? She would have went to MountCollyer sometime in the early 60s?

brixmis

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
I didn't go to Mounty. It was inferior to Dunlambert and I was scared of girls.
Mr Shanks or Shanksy taught in Castle High after the schools amalgamated around the early - mid eighties. ;)
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Paul rainey

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
Any ex pupils of mountcollyer from 73 to 78 about

Harrymul

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2015, 04:06:44 PM »
Sorry to let you know that Mr Hale died around 1967 and he was quite young.  My name is Harry Mulholland... if anyone knows me do not hesitate to contact me.

billyboy

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2015, 12:45:59 PM »
Hi Harrymul, I went to Mounty between 1962 to 1966, Billy Hale was my woodwork and RE teacher, I left in June 66. He must have been a relatively young man when he died, at the time of my experience of him I did not have a liking for him or his methods, however with experience and in hindsight I can now respect what I think he was trying to do with me, I was not an easy child. I seem to remember knowing that he started in the Shipyard and educated himself later, and so was deserving of respect for that, but I can still remember getting hit with any scrap of wood which was laying around the woodwork room. A very belated RIP
"Walk a mile in my shoes", I need them breaking in.

JoeR

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
Hi.all My Granny Nelson lived at no.33 mountcollyer st.for years.I was born at no.39 in January 1947.The very severe winter.
We moved to Yorkshire about 1950 and then to Sydney Australia in 1960,I've never been back since a holiday in 1960.My Granny moved to no.30 Mountcollyer in 1950.My Mum worked at Gallahers for years.I'm a Rainey,Dad and his family came from Ivan St.My Granny used to tell me about incendiary bombs landing in mountcollyer st during the blitz.My Dad was a fire warden on the roof of Jennymount Mill during the blitz.

mounty

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
Hi BigFinn..Turkington was my mothers maiden name(she died in 1947) I am trying to establish my grandparents christian names so that I can trace ancestors. Don't know my Aunt Irenes married name but she  lived at 113 Glencollyer St (last house). Her husband was a seaman. Thanks again.

hi I live in mountcollyer street and Irene who may be the same 1 yous are talking about lived there as well a few doors from me. her houses gable wall was in mileriver st. she married tommy neil and they lived there for many years,then when the area was being rebuild 8-10years ago they moved to deacon street,sadly Irene died a few years ago but tommy is still there.

mounty

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
My name Kathleen McFarland I went to mountcollier school 1974 to1981 headmaster was mr power is there anyone out there who's nos school friends  are crankier keringan crankier walker lAura Prichard Donna Longan? Danny Cambell and Colin Lary??
I would love to get in touch with anyone...
xxxxxxx :) <3

hi I no danny Campbell and his family.dannys now living in England but has family  here. I also no relations of donna longman.

mounty

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2015, 03:59:41 PM »
I didn't go to Mounty. It was inferior to Dunlambert and I was scared of girls.
Mr Shanks or Shanksy taught in Castle High after the schools amalgamated around the early - mid eighties. ;)

I was 1 of the 1st first years when the schools amalgamated in 85 n became castle high

mounty

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2015, 04:04:09 PM »
My daddy owned the wee shop up from mountcollyer school on the limestone :-[

from about 1972 onward

Boyds?  Mary n Geordie.

xmas43

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2015, 02:54:26 PM »
hi I live in mountcollyer street and Irene who may be the same 1 yous are talking about lived there as well a few doors from me. her houses gable wall was in mileriver st. she married tommy neil and they lived there for many years,then when the area was being rebuild 8-10years ago they moved to deacon street,sadly Irene died a few years ago but tommy is still there.
Hi Mounty
Thanks for reply to my posting of Sept 09. The Neil family are not related to me. I wonder if they moved into113 and replaced my relatives there.
Some of the info I gave in 2009 was wrong so I am correcting it now.
The end house was no 113. My Aunt/Uncle Molly Turkington + James Adams (bus driver) & 2 cousins lived there.
My grandparents Turkington lived at 107 Glencollyer St.