Author Topic: Thought to be painters at Belfast City Hall. Stewart Brothers of Carndaisy  (Read 733 times)

Sean T Traynor

Believed to be Stewart Brothers and workers at Belfast City Hall. Stewart Brothers were from Carndaisy, Near Moneymore on The County Londonderry and Tyrone border[/img]
Traynor/Trainor, McDade/Daid of Carnsampson, Kirkwood of Portglenone, Nummey & McKee of The Commons, Newry.  McKee & Warnock of Armaghbrague, Jemphrey

tboy

Re: Thought to be painters at Belfast City Hall. Stewart Brothers of Carndaisy
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »
Was that 'Nimrod' in the middle? :)

Sean T Traynor

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »
I am not sure of any of the identities, but Nimrod is not a name that I have come across before. @tboy. Perhaps you can inform me more? My Grandfather John Stewart, who moved to Newry circa 1924 was a brother of the Stewart Brothers, as I say a family story that they painted the interior of The City Hall. I do not know which brothers or exactly when  :)
Traynor/Trainor, McDade/Daid of Carnsampson, Kirkwood of Portglenone, Nummey & McKee of The Commons, Newry.  McKee & Warnock of Armaghbrague, Jemphrey

tboy

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »
Hello Sean, H&J Martin were the main contractors on the city hall, they employed 'subbies' even then :) Nimrod is an old slang name for a painter 's foreman (Hunter) good luck tboy.