Author Topic: Living in London?  (Read 1761 times)

London Karen

Living in London?
« on: December 05, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »
Hi there

I'm a PhD student and my research is on people's ordinary and everyday stories of Belfast.
I've just spent eight months in this wonderful city  :)

But I'm now in London and looking for more story tellers.

Is anyone out there from Belfast (or has lived at some point in Belfast) and is now living in London? If so, would you be willing to work with me?

No money in it I'm afraid, poor student and whatnot  ::)

But if you're interested then send me a PM. I can send you more information and, if you're still interested, would love to meet up with you.

Karen

PS I've cross posted in the Exiles section in case some people only look there - apologies for the duplication!

Astor

Re: Living in London?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
Hi there

I'm a PhD student and my research is on people's ordinary and everyday stories of Belfast.
I've just spent eight months in this wonderful city  :)

But I'm now in London and looking for more story tellers.

Is anyone out there from Belfast (or has lived at some point in Belfast) and is now living in London? If so, would you be willing to work with me?

No money in it I'm afraid, poor student and whatnot  ::)

But if you're interested then send me a PM. I can send you more information and, if you're still interested, would love to meet up with you.

Karen

PS I've cross posted in the Exiles section in case some people only look there - apologies for the duplication!

I live in London Karen but sorry, apart from the fact that I do not have the time,  I do not meet up with anyone from any forums whatsoever, it is way too dangerous.   Only recently, several links were posted on one of my threads on the forum about security, shame they have now been removed at my request, or you could have had a look at them.

In any event, surely this does not require people to meet up with you, and could be done on here, there are several threads about growing up in Belfast on here, and no doubt on Facebook as well that you might like to consider looking at.  Good luck :-)
Que Sera Sera

London Karen

Re: Living in London?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »

I live in London Karen but sorry, apart from the fact that I do not have the time,  I do not meet up with anyone from any forums whatsoever, it is way too dangerous.   Only recently, several links were posted on one of my threads on the forum about security, shame they have now been removed at my request, or you could have had a look at them.

In any event, surely this does not require people to meet up with you, and could be done on here, there are several threads about growing up in Belfast on here, and no doubt on Facebook as well that you might like to consider looking at.  Good luck :-)

Hi Astor

I do understand your concern about security and you're quite right to take it seriously. I'm happy to work with people online if they prefer but I also like to meet people face to face to listen to their stories - I suppose it's the anthropologist in me  :)

I am following up other social media options

Thanks for taking the time to post

All the best

Karen