Author Topic: Trying to find friends from Everton Secondary School  (Read 5763 times)

udini

Trying to find friends from Everton Secondary School
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:06:07 AM »
Between 1960 and 1964 I went to Everton School at Ardoyne . During my time there I had in my classes 2 boys from the Wood vale area. One was  Billy Bryans from Enfield Street and Billy Harvey ,not sure of his streets name ,but was in the same area. Does anyone know anything of their whereabouts?
Who,what, where,when and why,I think that says it all.

Freddy63

Re: Trying to find friends from Everton Secondary School
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
I have a site called hemsworth square school and a lot of member who are on it also went to everton
if you send me a request i will add you
Freddy Wallace

Lolita

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »
I was at Everton Secondary school in the sixties. Remember Mr. Cathcart - scary, Mr. Montgomery - scary, Miss Morrow - great French teacher, Miss Dinnen - excellent shorthand teacher, Miss Hall - home economics, bit of a dragon, Miss Mc Cullough, music which I hated! Mr. Barnes, lovely lovely man with son Brian in my year.  More in my year Morris Hill, Lorraine Mc Caughrin, Elizabeth Lavery, Margaret Price.  Lorraine Herbert.

Would be good to read from others.

jmac

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 08:44:24 PM »
Cathcart, Montgomery and Barnes (and his son Brian) moved to Somerdale when it opened.
Barnes was the headmaster and Cathcart was the deputy head.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

Silverstream

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 05:01:08 AM »
I went to Everton early sixties, I thought Jack Cathcart left Everton when somerdale was built, I do remember that Montgomery or his family, had a hardware shop next to the Crumlin picture house, my last 4 months where at Somerdale. Anyone remember the Terrington's.
Silverstream

Liz5748

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »
Hi! I went to Everton till 1963. I remember those teachers. Mr Keers was headmaster then.

RSL

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 06:24:39 AM »
Hi! I went to Everton till 1963. I remember those teachers. Mr Keers was headmaster then.

Hi Liz, There is a picture on the Everton school thread,of the Girl's hockey team with two of
the Teachers.You might recognise some of the faces.It would have been taken during your time there. :)

Liz5748

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 06:44:36 AM »
Hi! Where do u see the picture. I've  not long been on this so not really sure what to do.

RSL

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 04:28:53 AM »
Hi! Where do u see the picture. I've  not long been on this so not really sure what to do.

At the top right of this page,you will find a bar(google custom search)
Type in Everton School and press search.The pic.is on page 6. :)

Liz5748

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
Hi! Found the pics, thank you.  I remember those skirts we had to make for PE.

JanetMartin

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »
Hi, I went to Everton 1958 to 1962.  I still have the reference Mr Keers had typed up for me when I left for a secretarial college.   I remember Mr Barnes (and his son Brian), For maths - wore a kilt to school on high days - Mr Montgomery (a lovely gentle man), and loads of others...  Anyone got any photos.   We didn't go in for that much, as I recall.   Pretty bad area, sectarianism alive and well, I note.  Janet Martin

Liz5748

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 02:45:50 AM »
Hi! You must have been a year above me. Mrs Jordan was our form teacher one of the years, we used to b frightened of her, we went to her for history.

Supermum

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 10:12:30 PM »
I went to Everton the year it became an all girls school circa 1964.  I remember quite a lot of the teachers including Mrs Jordan.

asp1

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 08:33:55 PM »
I was at Everton 65-69  Miss Richardson was headmistress.  I remember most of the teachers especially Mrs Campbell

Eve62

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 09:04:47 PM »
Mrs Campbell was lovely. She had a group of us to her home in Helens Bay, made us feel so special. You must have been there around same time as me. I left June 1970.