Author Topic: Common Grounds Cafe  (Read 2405 times)

Christopher

Common Grounds Cafe
« on: November 10, 2007, 03:36:31 AM »
Davey O'Neill, Richie Anderson and myself were in the Common Grounds Cafe at 12-24 University Avenue for the first time yesterday evening and were extremely impressed by the place. It is a unique café as all their profits are used to support community projects in the less developed world.

The projects are selected on a quarterly basis. If any of the Cafe's regular customers has a suggestion for a worthwhile project that they'd like to be considered, they're more than welcome to fill in a comment card in the café or contact the staff at [email protected].

There's a notice board in the café which updates customers on the current project being supported.

AL CAPONE

Re: Common Grounds Cafe
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
I heard about that place christopher,hats off to the people up there involved. O0

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
I heard about that place christopher,hats off to the people up there involved. O0

It's a great place and the idea behind it is brilliant, AL. It's a bit out of the way but I'll certainly go again
to attend other gigs. They have them on a fairly regular basis. There's a bus stop at the Ormeau Road of University Avenue and it's only a few minutes walk from there.

TracyCoach

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »
Common Grounds is excellent - the ethos is fantastic, the food is divine (vegetarian quiche gorgeous and I'm not even veggie), and they have music gigs too. Musicians play for free food and the profits go to charity.

And it's a gorgeous spot - plenty of space (second section they open up when busy), decor's lovely, and comfy sofas. Superb.

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:46:02 PM »
The people at the Common Grounds Cafe sent me an invite to a gig on Friday.

See the Events at Common Grounds Cafe thread ... 

www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,6102.new.html#new

TracyCoach

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »
Cheers Christopher -got it through MySpace events!

Tracy

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 02:35:44 AM »
Friday 9th May 20:00

Ruth McGonagle

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »
Friday 30th May 20:00

Eilidh Patterson

www.myspace.com/eilidhpatterson