Author Topic: I want to find out information on William Lunn who served with R.I.R. 16th.Bn.  (Read 2417 times)

McCusker

Inline image 1
The Privy seal letter is dated 14th Oct 2014 and refers to 6 brothers (sons)
"You don't stop laughing when you get old, you get old when you stop laughing!"

McCusker

McCusker

Inline image 1
Sorry about picture size if anyone can increase it ---great The writing below the photo states number 4
of 7 Brothers is William J Lunn ( age 30/31) Inniskilling Dragoons - killed but no details.?
The photo was published in The Belfast Telegraph during 1915 and photo 6 is Samuel -  killed at the Somme Oct 12 th 1916.
Finally I met 6 of  the brothers at a family wedding when I was young but never met William or heard my mother speak of him .I did not knoe of his existence until I saw the 2001 census + his image in the picture.
No one around to check with now alas.

James James

Nobody can enlarge the picture, because it isn't displaying, and the link for it is this...

https://www.google.com/gmail/about/#   which just leads to a signup page for Gmail.

Have you got the picture on your computer ?,... if you have, upload to this site,... and choose the largest available image upload size option available on that site,...
https://postimages.org/      and just post the URL/link that the picture upload produces,...

that's on the the blue icon to the right of the words Direct link on the page that will appear when the picture has uploaded,... as per the picture of the example post upload page below,... just left click on that icon and the link to the uploaded picture will be copied, then just paste the link into a post on here and I will sort it out from there.

McCusker

Here is the picture I was talking about.

James James

Lurgan War Memorial...
http://www.ulsterwarmemorials.net/html/lurgan.html

Private Samuel Lunn, Royal Irish Fusiliers

Private William Lunn, Royal Irish Fusiliers

There does seem to be some sort of error.

NEOband

Sorry about picture size if anyone can increase it ---great The writing below the photo states number 4
of 7 Brothers is William J Lunn ( age 30/31) Inniskilling Dragoons - killed but no details.?
The photo was published in The Belfast Telegraph during 1915 and photo 6 is Samuel -  killed at the Somme Oct 12 th 1916.
Finally I met 6 of  the brothers at a family wedding when I was young but never met William or heard my mother speak of him .I did not know of his existence until I saw the 2001 census + his image in the picture.
No one around to check with now alas.

Hi McCusker

I am fairly certain you are related to a man i met tonight and gave him an excellent photo of Samuel Lunn (Killed in Action in 1916).

Like you he is interested in family tree history and has alot of material and i am told he does not know you. Samuel Lunn would have been his Great Uncle and James was his Grandfather. I can see you are related and your relative married a Lunn.

I would like to connect you to your lost cousin living in Portadown, a gentleman in his mid 80’s. Can you PM me if possible please.