Author Topic: duggan/hanlon/mccann/field/O'Connor  (Read 3070 times)

lizcowin

Re: duggan/hanlon/mccann/field/O'Connor
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 03:01:13 PM »
i was wondering if you know where daniel o connor came from im looking for daniel o connor from manchester born around 1871 father john o connor from ireland

ozzieintas

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 12:43:14 AM »
McCann Family information I just read your older posts for this family I think we are related Thomas McCann was my great great grandfather his children were born in Francis Street and possible in another area of Belfast the names I have for his children are Mary Elizabeth McCann brn 1868, My great grandmother Annie McCann born 1872, Ellen McCann brn 1869, possibly a James McCann brn 1871 I know that Thomas and his family were Catholic and lived in Smithfield area I have the school records for these children at old St Marys catholic school. Thomas was a Dealer at the old Smithfield Markets I have his wife's name as Ellen.  Annie McCann married a Robert Bates in St Anne's in 1890 he was a fruit merchant as his father George Bates. Would like to exchange family information thanks

ozzieintas

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 10:50:15 AM »
Hi Millview
I dont know if this will help but amongst the names I had for the McCann children entered into St. Mary School was one name of a Catherine McCann entered number 1079 was the entry number for the years between 1871-1891 this was on a film from the LDS family History Library the film number is 0993130 I couldnt not find anymore reference to her in my family files but
I also found a Catherine McCann in the 1901 census at 6 Francis Street as a boarder born in County Down a widow its possible she is related to the family time will tell I suppose but i am having someone go to St. Peters to look up the birth of my great grandmother Annie McCann plus any marriages for Thomas I will let you know if I find anything cheers for now

millview

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 10:16:45 AM »
Hi Ozzieintas

This is the new info i have on the McCann's.

William McCann born 26/06/1880 married Mary Baxter 08/08/1900 in Belfast.

William father was william James mother Jane McHaffy.

Mary Baxter was born 1873 in armagh her father was james Baxter mother Catherine Dougan.

Now mary and william mccann have all their children in Glasgow Scotland.

I know all my family where at st Mary school, and from the smithfeild in belfast,and some are still therre.

millview

ozzieintas

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »
Now I wonder if Thomas is William James McCann's brother ????? If you havent done the McCanns in glasgow I have the full 1881 census if you want them looked up let me know...  20yrs searching for this family and even a trip to Belfast and within a week on here I have got further than all those years lets hope we can find the missing links cheers for now Carol

millview

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
Now I wonder if Thomas is William James McCann's brother ????? If you havent done the McCanns in glasgow I have the full 1881 census if you want them looked up let me know...  20yrs searching for this family and even a trip to Belfast and within a week on here I have got further than all those years lets hope we can find the missing links cheers for now Carol

The Glasgow mcCann where all born after 1900, in glasgow. if i was you i would try Armagh, that is where my family was from before going to Belfast

Angela

CathyLee

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
Hi - I'm new here....My great great great Grandfather was Felix O'Hanlon born 1818 in Antrim.  He married Rose Ann McKeever.  Felix came to the United States first.  I found the ship that his wife Rose and daughter Catherine O'Hanlon (born 1846) and son James (born 1843) was on.  It was the Albert Gallatin which arrived in NYC on July 23 1852.  They had 3 more children in the USA - Mary born 1856, Adelaide born 1858 and Edward born 1859.  Does any of this information sound familiar to you?  Thanks

millview

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 06:58:41 PM »
Hi - I'm new here....My great great great Grandfather was Felix O'Hanlon born 1818 in Antrim.  He married Rose Ann McKeever.  Felix came to the United States first.  I found the ship that his wife Rose and daughter Catherine O'Hanlon (born 1846) and son James (born 1843) was on.  It was the Albert Gallatin which arrived in NYC on July 23 1852.  They had 3 more children in the USA - Mary born 1856, Adelaide born 1858 and Edward born 1859.  Does any of this information sound familiar to you?  Thanks

Hi i do have a Felix O'Hanlon in my tree, but he was born in 1809min Armagh his wife was Eloner Mathews, and as far as i know he died in Armagh.

Millview

johnnyconn

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 11:09:35 AM »
Have just found this thread. My grandmother was Elizabeth Cameron. She married, or lived with, Robert Bates, son of Robert Bates, connected to George Bates the fruit merchant. I have some info on the Bates connection and would be willing to share.

ozzieintas

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »
Hi I saw your post old as it is and wanted to contact you I believe we are related from the Bates n McCann family Fruit Merchants
ozzieintas

win45

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 10:12:03 PM »
have a Sarah Anne Hanlon married alexander hurst in armagh 1846 father Ardel
buts all I know of her
best wishes

Arthur clifford

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »
Hi there, i have O'Hanlon and McCann's on my family tree, not connected to each other though.  I have very little info on them because i haven't really started with those connections yet.  My granny's (Martha) maiden name was O' hanlon.  She came from a big family, some of the siblings are James, Henry, Joseph, Bridget, Cassie, Sarah, Agnes.  Her parents were called James O'Hanlon and Sarah Graham.  I know they were living in stanhope st in the carrickhill area in 1911.
My great grandmother on my paternal side was called Elizabeth McCann by her maiden name.  All i know of her is that she had a sister called Jinny and was probably born in the 1890s.

Hi
Can you tell me who Martha married please. and any childern.
She in on my family tree.

Stinley

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 12:20:48 PM »
Hi Arthur,

Do you mean Martha O'Hanlon b. 1907? She married Thomas Fitzpatrick on 17 May 1928 in St Patrick's. She was living with my gt grandparents at 75 Lepper St.

They had at least one son, Thomas Fitzpatrick b. 1931 40 New Lodge Road.

Someone else might know more. The only great aunt on this side of the family I knew was Aggie, married Frank Pimley quite late in life, no kids. Lived in the New Lodge.

Arthur clifford

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2020, 02:28:12 PM »
yes . Thanks

Martha O'Hanlon Born. 31/10/1907  ( Cert U/1907/48/1007/101/407 )

Would Aggie  be Agnes o'Hanlon ?

Do you know to two childrens names  that died on the 1911 census ? (Sherbrook Street )

Stinley

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2020, 03:05:06 PM »
Yes that's Agnes, she was born in 1922 when the family had moved to Exchange St. She was my grandfather's youngest sister, I think. She's the only one I remember really.

It's odd, the census - but might not be very accurate. James's age, for instance, is the same then as it is given when he was married. It doesn't mention Martha and Eliza, born 1907 and 1909, I believe... and both surviving by 1922, I would assume. Not sure how much store to put into it.