Author Topic: Belfast Open Air Theatre  (Read 2090 times)

stickleback

Belfast Open Air Theatre
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:50 AM »

Touted as the best open-air theatre outside London, the Belfast open-air theatre is held in Grosvenor Park and this year runs from 3/7/15- 23/8/15.

Tickets cost £18-£32.50/ £10 for anyone aged 12-19 and free for under 12's.

I don't know Grosvenor Park and I would've thought The Botanic Gardens would make a brilliant venue. I haven't been to the Belfast open-air theatre before, but I have been to Regents Park open-air theatre and it is a much more relaxed spectacle than sitting indoors, though admittedly the children can sometimes be a bit of a distraction, especially if babies start crying. 

Here's the programme for the forthcoming season:

http://www.grosvenorparkopenairtheatre.co.uk/book/

Enjoy  ;)

stickleback

Re: Belfast Open Air Theatre
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:26:31 AM »

Some footage from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_CE0JzSvVg

Astor

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »
Touted as the best open-air theatre outside London, the Belfast open-air theatre is held in Grosvenor Park and this year runs from 3/7/15- 23/8/15.

Tickets cost £18-£32.50/ £10 for anyone aged 12-19 and free for under 12's.

I don't know Grosvenor Park and I would've thought The Botanic Gardens would make a brilliant venue. I haven't been to the Belfast open-air theatre before, but I have been to Regents Park open-air theatre and it is a much more relaxed spectacle than sitting indoors, though admittedly the children can sometimes be a bit of a distraction, especially if babies start crying. 

Here's the programme for the forthcoming season:

http://www.grosvenorparkopenairtheatre.co.uk/book/

Enjoy  ;)

Great to hear they have an open-air theatre in Belfast, I must make it my business to go there next time I'm back. 

I saw Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice at Regents Park a couple of years ago, spectacular performance, the same year I was lucky enough to see another one "Sense and Sensibility" at Killarney Castle when I was on holiday there, again a superb performance.
Que Sera Sera

chi

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 10:38:36 PM »
Great to hear they have an open-air theatre in Belfast, I must make it my business to go there next time I'm back. 

I saw Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice at Regents Park a couple of years ago, spectacular performance, the same year I was lucky enough to see another one "Sense and Sensibility" at Killarney Castle when I was on holiday there, again a superb performance.

Great 7th grade reading
I remember them well O0 :read:
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

Moondog40

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 09:51:51 PM »
Any relation to carrick hil austins.  :-*

Moondog40

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »
I thought 'twas.   Groove or. Park. And Windsor  having a do to build the  stand.   Honest