Author Topic: New Lodge  (Read 54861 times)

Jimmy Cushnan

New Lodge
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
I was born and reared in Lepper Sreet, just off the New Lodge. Attended Star of the Sea school on Hallidays road, also  Hardinge Street. C.B.S. Have been in Ontario Canada for 49 years. Have many happy memories of Belfast, especially the New Lodge area.

Danny Simpson who posted on a similar page about the New Lodge is my cousin. He has been in Ausralia for some time.
Would like to be able to contact him. ?

Moondog40

Re: New Lodge
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »
At top of page   There is a search box

Print.    Searching  for  Danny Simpsons should  get a result

sweenytodd

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
Hi Jimmy you might remember me i lived on the corner off Lepper st and New lodge 112 my cousins lived across the road i went to Holy family with Maxi and Pat Haughey  ???? get the thinking cap on

paddywack

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:05:43 AM »
  My wifes  mother was from the  new lodge,  Jean/Jinny   mc  Donald ,  married  to    Dessie O Connor  .Her  brother , Micky mc   donald   Private  hire  black   hack ,  taxi  driver  .  i  knew  a  Bill  bradley  in the  early  seventys  from the new  lodge,  anyone know  his  whereabouts .
Paddywack

Moondog40

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:40:40 PM »
Yes he lives in carriCk. Hill now good friend of family

sj

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 05:14:12 AM »
I was born and reared in Lepper Sreet, just off the New Lodge. Attended Star of the Sea school on Hallidays road, also  Hardinge Street. C.B.S. Have been in Ontario Canada for 49 years. Have many happy memories of Belfast, especially the New Lodge area.

Danny Simpson who posted on a similar page about the New Lodge is my cousin. He has been in Ausralia for some time.
Would like to be able to contact him. ?

Jimmy...there are a number of people on this forum who went to the Star of the Sea.   When did you attend the school. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sweenytodd

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
Hi Sam hope you are well

sj

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 11:24:19 PM »
 Yes Hugh. .how are you?  I am trying to trace anyone who started in the S.of the Sea in about 1948 and also any old photos.    ;)

johnmc

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 03:54:11 AM »

SJ---poguesman, on BF, would be around the age you are searching
                         johnmc

sj

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 04:16:43 AM »
 Thanks John, ... I've spoken to Poguesman who lived in Spamount St and whom I remember. :)  but there must be other people out there. :)  I met Malachy Ash & Sean Mc Greevy once in their butchers shop when I was home on holidays.

sweenytodd

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »
At the star at that time Sam Sean mc Greavy Malachy Ashe Rab Arthurs Harry Kane Gerry Masterson Frankie Benson Jim mc Cart Gerry mc Greavy  Tucker Moreland Don Baxter John Mc Ilroy  Barney Saunders Billy King Gerry Neason  Joe mc Williams John Fraser Billy Kane John Lavery  Hugh Duffy John  Pete Willie  Loughran  and i am sure a lot more all great friends and the best people from The New Lodge

sj

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 11:28:54 PM »
 Not all Hugh were at the Star when I was there. .Joe Mc Williams was about 4 years older and I didn't remember him.

Friends in my class were , Gerry Mc Cann, Willie Walsh, Tommy Campbell, Joe Donaldson, Gerry Masterson, John & Jimmy Mc Ilroy, Oliver , Joe Mc Vicker,Mickey Gargle ( the milkman after school ) Kevin O'Neill...not bad  :D ...there were about 19 others.  Frankie Benson lives in Canada and was in the same class. I have a few photos so I must post them but of an earlier era.

sweenytodd

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 11:36:06 PM »
Sam had Willie Walsh Red hair lived bottom half off new lodge and was it Richard mc Cann from walbeck st, Was on a link with Fankie Benson about a year ago but lost it he had his own radio show in toronto and was it John mc vicker

sj

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »
 Hugh....Willie had red hair and his dad sold cars,   Gerry Mc Cann had twin brothers at the Star and another brother called Maurice .  They lived on the corner of Antrim Rd and Thorndale? almost opposite the top of the road.  The Mc Vicker was the bloke who had a false arm and who had a brother.  Was he Joe or John. :)

sweenytodd

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 11:51:13 PM »
Ye Sam the walsh family moved to Dublin my dad worked with old John selling cars Will is on the Kylmore rd Dublinwith quite a big dealership call What else but Walsh Motors John mc Vicker had a wooden arm

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy