Author Topic: Looking for Mary Angela Dolan from Scotland Street  (Read 902 times)

Beezy

Looking for Mary Angela Dolan from Scotland Street
« on: May 03, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »
I am looking for information about a relative called Mary Angela Dolan who may have lived at 5 Scotland Street in 1948/9.

I've checked Mary Lennon's street directories for 1943 and 1951 but haven't found any sign of her name, so I'm wondering if she might have been lodging with someone. She would have been 30 years old in 1948.

Having read some of the previous threads about people's memories of Scotland Street, I wondered if anyone might remember Mary Angela, or recognise the name? I realise it's a long shot but I've exhausted all other avenues of research. She had a son who would been 3 years old in 1948 and she may have gone to America in 1949.

Any recollections would be much appreciated.

Beezy

Re: Looking for Mary Angela Dolan from Scotland Street
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 08:22:15 PM »
Thanks for the link Jim, yes I've found a passenger record which suggests that Angela emigrated from Liverpool to New York in 1949, but unfortunately we haven't been able to trace her in America despite extensive searching. Since she doesn't seem to show up in any of the other official channels, I wondered if anyone might remember her, though I realise it's a long time ago now.

I noticed from reading this forum that there was a fire in the mill near Scotland Street in 1948 - does anyone know exactly when this happened, or if it's possible that any of the mill workers would have lost their job as a result?

sam barry

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 08:45:47 PM »
I know this is a very long shot, but on www.billiongraves.com there is an Angela M. Dolan, B,1914,D,1994, on there with a photo of the headstone :

Birth: 1914
Marriage:  Not Available
Death: 1994
Cemetery:
  Saint Patrick Cemetery
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States

Others Here:
Michael Dolan
(1909-1976)

Beezy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 09:16:19 PM »
Thanks Sam, that is very interesting - hadn't come across that before! The Angela I'm looking for was born in 1918 but it's possible that if she didn't want to be found she might have altered her age slightly (although personally I would probably opt to make myself younger…  ;) ). I'll do some searching with those dates and see if I can turn anything up.

Dejabrew

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 11:21:37 PM »
Any updates on finding Angela?