Author Topic: any old photos of stranmillis?  (Read 6033 times)

stranmillis v

any old photos of stranmillis?
« on: June 14, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »
anyone got any old photos of stranmillis particularly around stranmillis st / strandview st?
"This society believed it was looking towards a new future, yet we consistently find ourselves being dragged backwards."

Bigot's are ignored by me.

factoryjoe

Re: any old photos of stranmillis?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
Sadly I don't have any such photos,but Stranmillis is one of my favorite parts of Belfast,so I'm posting to wish you luck with this one,and looking forward to anything that might come through!..Joey 

factoryjoe

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
h-e-l-l-o....what happened to the photos

stranmillis v

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »
never seen any
"This society believed it was looking towards a new future, yet we consistently find ourselves being dragged backwards."

factoryjoe

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 04:34:26 PM »
Neither did I...I Just asked to bring the request to the forefront!..Ever hopeful !

stranmillis v

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 04:37:52 PM »
very much doubt it Joe.

factoryjoe

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 06:06:39 PM »
Somebody has the photos,people have them who don't even know they have them. There was an area of prefabs over there ,That area is now a green and a car park. I'm sure people kept photos of such a distinctive place! I'm sure it just needs people to be prompted to look...who knows? ?somebody in Canada or South Africa,or anywhere could have a picture in their possession which means little to them,but could be your front door of fifty years hence.Does anyone remember a cast iron drinking fountain somewhere on the Stranmillis?

stranmillis v

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 07:31:57 PM »
Jaffa fountain now in Victoria square. .I remember listening to Man Utd European match on a transistor during a thunderstorm in botanic gdns

bjay

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 07:54:49 PM »
I have a picture of the fountain when it was situated in Botanic Gardens. ...I just don't know how to put photos onto the forum  ;)
Is there a 'Fool's Guide' somewhere ?

stranmillis v

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 08:03:58 PM »

factoryjoe

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 11:11:36 PM »
 :-\ There was another fountain...a little waist high drinking fountain,with a push button...when you were drinking from it,you could look down on the prefabs....it was black,natural metal,not painted and near a real stone wall ! :-\

stranmillis v

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »
quess not  :-\

yourpete

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 12:03:02 AM »
might be of interest - there is some super 8 film of Botanic/Stranmillis here  http://digitalfilmarchive.net/media/super-8-stories-extra-footage-street-611 - near the end are views of the old gate lodge at Botanic Gardens.
Genealogy is like my sock drawer - you find one and its ages before the other turns up!

stranmillis v

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 09:22:26 AM »
pete fantastic footage, strange after all this time there has been some changes but a lot of the old buildings still around, Thanks again. Regards V.

stranmillis v

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 06:03:34 PM »
still no old photos ?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy