Author Topic: motorcycles you have owned  (Read 5232 times)

old3wheeler

motorcycles you have owned
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:05:29 PM »
love to see any pics folks have of the bikes they have owned , ive been fortunate to have had a lot over the latter years of my life so I will with out apology be posting a lot of pics of bikes ive owned lol, So don't be shy do like wise lol regards ken
" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."

old3wheeler

Re: motorcycles you have owned
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 07:15:23 PM »
    lovely custom prepared Honda vfr 400 has loads spent on it I bought it and lost money when I sold it lol [censored] comes to mind lol,Regards ken

old3wheeler

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 07:24:39 PM »
  To me the nicest of all the 400 rep,s the Suzuki GSXR 400 , had to travel a few miles to buy this one and it broke my mates heart trying to get it run properly but he did lol, Rode it sold it and made nought as per usual lol, not all about cash its about experiencing the thrill of each individual bike , Regards Ken

old3wheeler

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 07:36:28 PM »
   Suzuki sv 650 its a  Great all round wee bike nice to ride not to mental lol but still fast enough to get the heart going lol , Regards ken

old3wheeler

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 07:51:41 PM »
      A bike I was never born to  ride lol, Italjet 325 trials made for someone with a smaller frome to someoname than mine pmsl, As per usual I made no profit from the sale bike  went  down south to a deserving  owner who could do it justice lol, Regards Ken

old3wheeler

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 08:02:50 PM »
  Beautiful  little Honda VFR 400 Fitted with a very expensive Tyga body kit and a 1200 paint job , cost me a few pounds to tidy up  and it was a joy to ride and was a big crowd puller ,Sold it to a lad down south who to be honest made spurious claims about past owners lol , For once I got my money back and made a small profit ,  regards ken

Rob1943

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 03:23:36 AM »
Old3wheeler Ken it was great to see your bikes mate I have been into bikes since I was a kid as my dad was a part time mechanic for a couple of riders in the I.O.M. TT race days ;)  He and I would go over there each year even though I was only about 11yrs old back then but Dad was always into BSA's then and a couple of his mates rode Matchless and Triumph bikes.

His last bike before we left Belfast to come to Australia was a BSA Golden Flash 650 and that was his last ride so after we came here I took up the tradition for him with my first being a BSA Batam 125   then many more after that ;)

I'll try to find some photo's mate and post them here and hope many more riders join in thanks starting the thread look forward to more postings ;)

Cheers for now,
Rob  :D
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)

Roadracer

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »
Ken
Don't get me started.

old3wheeler

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 10:20:36 AM »
Seems we are few lads lol but hey what the heck lol lets get started lol post all pics you got , Ive a load more seems i had more bikes in the last ten years than i ever thought i could lol, Sadly the garage is empty now  :(   Job may not be safe so other things more important at the moment but memories are free lol, keep pics coming lads , anything bike related is more than welcome , Regards ken 

Rob1943

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 01:09:23 PM »
Ken I hope these copy over ok these are a few of my bikes over the years :

Above is my re-build BMW Z100

Above my young wife on my Suzuki 250

Above my Dad on his BSA 650 Golden Flash

Above my Harley

and above my last bike my Kawasaki ZZR1100 one of my very best bikes

Hope this isn't too many for one posting  :o

Cheers, Rob  ;)
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)

old3wheeler

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »
Great pics Rob love the one of your dad on his BSA classic pic m8, Had a Suzuki Hustler myself back in the late 70,s was great wee bike . keep the pics coming Rob don't matter what there about as long as there bike orientated lol, Ive some great race pics ill copy and post , TC regards ken 

JohnKelly

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 01:22:30 AM »
KS750 - BMW R75

There are heaps of YouTube videos on motorcycles but I enjoyed watching this one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhqTvhkvsI

Roadracer

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2020, 09:46:26 AM »

JohnKelly

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 11:47:38 AM »
https://i.postimg.cc/rw7wFyVc/rd400.jpg

Beautiful!

Did you restore it or was it looked after and kept in that new condition?

Roadracer

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
Hi John, Good to see the download works first time I've tried it since Tinypics stopped.
It has only been given a cosmetic facelift since I got it about 10 years ago paint touchup and of coarse a tank and side panel respray and decals, new wiring harness and some charging problems fixed, it will get a full stripdown and rebuild in a couple of years.
Rare model now the first of the 400's 1976 and a two stroke, just love this little bike reminds me of my youth.