Author Topic: Burch /Haddock family  (Read 835 times)

bumsmum

Burch /Haddock family
« on: July 09, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »
My mum was Mary Burch. Parents Frances (Cissy Haddock) and Francis (Frank) Burch. Siblings George (Geordie) Jean And Margaret. Mum and siblings all came to new zealand from Belfast between late 50's-late 60's. Haddock was a large family, known names include Archie william, Amelia, Bertha, Beattie, Sarah Ida. If this rings a bell with anyone, would be wonderful.

CMcG

Re: Burch /Haddock family
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

Francis Burch married Frances Elizabeth Haddock on 10 July 1920 in Sinclair Seamens Presbyterian Church, Belfast. The groom's father was called George Burch, the bride's father was Mark Haddock.
If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

CMcG

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »

In the 1901 and 1911 census returns previously posted...

Francis Burch's parents were George Burch and Mary McKinnin, they got married in St. Mark's Church of Ireland, Newtownards, on 12 February 1883. The groom's father was Alexander Burch, the bride's was Robert McKinnin.

Frances Haddock's parents were Mark Haddock and Jane Rosbottom, they got married in St. Anne's Church of Ireland, Belfast on 12 July 1895. The groom's father was Thomas Haddock, the bride's was James Rosbottom.

CMcG

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »
Possible "Burch" street directory entries, courtesy of the Lennon Wylie website:

1918: Caroline Street; 28. Burch, Geo., labourer
1924: Caroline Street; 28 Burch, Geo., labourer

... also this, is it a possibility or is it someone co-incidentally named?

1932: Mackay Street (Mackey);  25. Burch, Frank, labourer
1943: Mackey Street; 25. Burch, Frank, labourer
1951: Mackey Street: 25 Burch, Frank, labourer

By 1960, 25 Mackey Street is occupied by someone else.

Re. Frank Burch at 25 Mackey Street above, grave 190 in section D1 of Dundonald Cemetery has folk buried there with this address, which makes me wonder if I've got the wrong folk, because one of the grave occupants who died in 1933 is 33 year old Frances Elizth Burch (is this Frank Burch's wife? Or have I got the wrong folk? Did his wife die early?)

https://ssl.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=D1&GraveNumber=190&CemeteryName=Dundonald%20Cemetery

CMcG

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 02:56:32 PM »
Possible street directory entries for Haddock:

1932: Collyer Street; 30. Haddock, Mark, labourer
1943: Collyer Street; 30. Haddock, Mark, labourer 

By 1951, 30 Collyer Street is occupied by someone else.

bumsmum

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 11:25:04 AM »
Just like to say a massive thanks to the very kind people who have posted all this info. I went away from the idea for a while, but am pleased to say I'm giving it a go now. It wont be easy, but it will definitely be an interesting journey.

bumsmum

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 12:58:05 AM »
Possible "Burch" street directory entries, courtesy of the Lennon Wylie website:

1918: Caroline Street; 28. Burch, Geo., labourer
1924: Caroline Street; 28 Burch, Geo., labourer

... also this, is it a possibility or is it someone co-incidentally named?

1932: Mackay Street (Mackey);  25. Burch, Frank, labourer
1943: Mackey Street; 25. Burch, Frank, labourer
1951: Mackey Street: 25 Burch, Frank, labourer

By 1960, 25 Mackey Street is occupied by someone else.

Re. Frank Burch at 25 Mackey Street above, grave 190 in section D1 of Dundonald Cemetery has folk buried there with this address, which makes me wonder if I've got the wrong folk, because one of the grave occupants who died in 1933 is 33 year old Frances Elizth Burch (is this Frank Burch's wife? Or have I got the wrong folk? Did his wife die early?)

https://ssl.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=D1&GraveNumber=190&CemeteryName=Dundonald%20Cemetery