Author Topic: Still looking for Wilson or Vance Relatives in Belfast  (Read 3197 times)

CMcG

Re: Still looking for Wilson or Vance Relatives in Belfast
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »
And then one stumbles across the following for Thomas Edward Vance and wife (Margaret (Young), who presumably died in childbirth - see the burial record) and others including a couple of McCarrons in the same grave:

https://ssl.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=G&GraveNumber=231&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery

Lots and lots of leads to follow up here...
If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

evelyn brennan

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 08:25:01 AM »
Bumsmum, have you seen replies to your other enquiry, I'm just concerned that you are missing out on information being posted:

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,34484.0.html

In relation to a McCarron / Vance marriage, a Samuel McCarron (soldier) married a Mary Vance in Albert Street Presbyterian Church Belfast on 17 December 1918, the groom's father was David McCarron (deceased), the bride's father was Edward Vance, a farmer, witnesses were Robert W. McCarron and Margaret McCarron.

evelyn brennan

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 08:29:11 AM »
Hello, CMcG and Bumsmum.  I think you could be my cousins from Feilding, North Island, New Zealand.
Can you contact me privately please?  Thank you, Evelyn.

CMcG

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2019, 08:57:13 AM »
Evelyn, I have sent you a personal message.

Going back to the enquiry by Bumsmum at reply #4 of this topic, here are the Belfast Telegraph death notices for Martha May McCarron in 1952:

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

evelyn brennan

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »
This is a long shot, but I believe my Grandmothers maiden name was Vance I think her name was Martha/May. Married name McCarron. No other info on her, my Dad never talked about his parents. My Dads' name was Samuel, siblings May, Eva, Muriel, David, James, Noel, Eddie, Alex. I'm pretty sure they lived in Mayo Street. Dad forged his age to join the navy in ww2, and after the war took free passage to Australia, then came to New Zealand early/mid 50s. if any of this relates to your search I would be very keen to hear from you.

Hello,  I think you are my cousin from Feilding, New Zealand.  If so, can you contact me privately, please?

bumsmum

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 12:07:23 AM »
Evelyn, I have sent you a personal message.

Going back to the enquiry by Bumsmum at reply #4 of this topic, here are the Belfast Telegraph death notices for Martha May McCarron in 1952: