Author Topic: A Canadian's Travels from Belfast to Dublin  (Read 2702 times)

Christopher

A Canadian's Travels from Belfast to Dublin
« on: July 26, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »
I was fascinated by this article. Don Evans, who visited the country last year bought a Freedom of Northern Ireland and had a great time. I like the pictures taken in the workshops of the Downpatrick Railway Museum.

Kathleen

Re: A Canadian's Travels from Belfast to Dublin
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 12:55:14 AM »
Hi Christopher, I've a couple of free hours before I'm off to my "book group" but today I really tried to get through your site. It is really very, very good. That trip that the Canadian did was fabulous. If you glance at some of those photos I'm sure you will agree there is indeed something about the light in Ireland. I noticed it a home and even more so when I came back. Kathleen

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:06:47 AM »
Hi Kathleen, I wish this was my site. I have not a clue who owns this website but I find it is so good I find it difficult to keep away. I enjoy looking around the net to find interesting websites about Belfast. I mention it to lots of people. I must start doing some more for the Enniskillen site (where I moderate the genealogy board) and the Derry site (where the Admin asked me to assist improve the site) though. If anyone has ancestors from Derry there is a genealogy board on the site. 

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 01:23:53 AM »
Ah thats the breaks Christopher. .well I take the whole bloomin' flattery back so there! :-\ Why doesn't one of ye change yer name, why not a name like Paddy or Mike, sure I'm sure that would suit yes very well. Slan Kathleen

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
A visit to Belfast by Barbara Glanz, CSP, speaker, author and consultant. Read the article about Barbara visiting her friend, Annie Gourley, a lovely young woman from Belfast. It sounds as though she had a great time.

giannineo

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »
Christopher, writer Margaret Gillies Brown has written at least two books on the subject of uprooting and going to Canada in the 50's."Far from the Rowan tree" and" Around the Rowan tree" tell her family's story of moving from Scotland to the wheat provinces and then of returning.
    Her family farm about one mile from me and grandson Ronnie runs the Cairn O' Mor Winery.
     Fabulous books with the real human story.