Author Topic: OLD MOTORCYCLE PICTURES  (Read 6578 times)

barney bhouy

Re: OLD MOTORCYCLE PICTURES
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 03:42:34 PM »
Barney the Gilera 150 was a rare sight, can't say I knew off any. Later about 1976/77 the Gilera RS50 and Enduro moped where very popular. Ken you may remember a couple of them around the Shore Road area. What was the Yamaha you missed out on? I remember the Scooter shop but didn't go in often, Donegal Pass, Castlereagh and Ravenhill Roads where the main motorcycle shops back then.
roadracer I think if I remember right the Yamaha was a 175cc I don't remember the model and by the way I haven't been on a motorcycle since then. if I remember right scooter services on Dublin rd were the main dealers for the gilera mopeds you mention. oh and the car I part exchanged my beloved gilera for was a 10yr old fiat 128 which fell apart about 6 months after I bought it   :)

Roadracer

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 10:02:06 AM »
Barney
Only 175cc Yamaha road bike I know off built was one of these

road hog

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 04:40:04 PM »
Barney Bhouy, the scooter shop on the Dublin Road also sold Gileras, I think the guy who owned it was named Mc Donnell. My mate bought a 150 ,new, lovely wee thing, 2 stroke, self mix, and I think it had direct lighting, no battery.
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

old3wheeler

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 03:53:25 PM »

Just bought this brand new WK250 GP and its going into my living room lol, And I have the good lady,s full permission to do so  :o lol, I bought it for my 60th birthday which is 20th Jan , Its a 99% replica of Honda,s latest CBR 250 rr road bike. Has loads of cool bits like upside down forks, Wavey discs , digital dash, l.e.d lights, I think looks nice . It didn't cost me a fortune I actually think I got it for next to nothing lol, ITs powered by a copy of Hondas 250 engine but is not fuel injected but runs via a carb, ITS 4 VALVE o,h.c and water cooled , It will not ever be on the road whilst I own it im to old for that now lol, Regards Ken 
" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."

Roadracer

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 12:53:09 PM »
Very nice Ken, but you really should get it out on the road. I have a little screamer like that with the Suzuki badge on it, 4 cylinder 250cc and it revs to 16500 rpm, have a little power pipe on it at the moment and it howls.

Roadracer

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 11:34:30 AM »

Forty years old and still going strong.

old3wheeler

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »

Forty years old and still going strong.

Nice looking RD Roady and in the best colours I think, I bought one about five years ago in red and white kept it 4 weeks and sold it lol, At the time I had a nice FJ 1200 and the RD felt like a vibrating plate lol compared to the FJ , Made a few hundred pound when I sold the RD to a bloke from the IOM, Regards ken

" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."

Roadracer

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »
Ken, You should have kept that RD red/white probably an E 1978, mine is the first a 1976 C. These are very collectable now and will fetch more than the FJ, I also have one of those for restoration the 1984 FJ1100. Still looking for a GSX1100EF which I bought from Maurice Bradshaw back in 1984.

Oilymac

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 12:31:53 PM »
I bought a 150 Gilera in 1977, gave 120 to a car dealer on the outskirts of Comber for it. I bought another siezed one for 30. Fabulous wee bikes and could be easily tuned. I thrashed mine for 5 years, great memories!