Author Topic: Looking for info on my father Herbert Patrick McDowell born 1920 mother Sadie  (Read 1516 times)

Keyholekate

Please help I'm looking for info on my father he was born 1920 in Belfast his mother is Sadie McDowell his name at birth could be Herbert Patrick McDowell or Joseph Patrick McDowell his mother was no RC but he was baptised later on in 1921 in St Peters church Lurgan.  Any info would be great someone on here name Unilove 18 has already but asking please help Kate. Xx

CMcG

Please help I'm looking for info on my father he was born 1920 in Belfast his mother is Sadie McDowell his name at birth could be Herbert Patrick McDowell or Joseph Patrick McDowell his mother was no RC but he was baptised later on in 1921 in St Peters church Lurgan.  Any info would be great someone on here name Unilove 18 has already but asking please help Kate. Xx

All I know is that a Herbert Patrick McDowell was born on 24 May 1920 at 51 Lisburn Road (Belfast City Hospital today). His mother was Sadie McDowell, the informant for the civil record was a J Mahood, the child was illegitimate, his mother's address given as 12 Balmoral Street.

In the Belfast street directories, courtesy of the Lennon Wylie website, 12 Balmoral Street was listed as occupied by an Eliza McFetridge in 1918 and 1924, does McFetridge ring a bell?

Keyholekate

Hiya thanks for replying I've found out today Lisburn road is the address for the hospital and I've now found out his mum lived in 12 balmoral street with her brother William but I can't find any details of her age dob or her brother who her mother etc. I also no my father was adopted but there's no record of that either Sadie was his natural mother, any help would be great cheers Kate

Keyholekate

He was adopted by McManus