Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 235426 times)

big country

• Account Closed
Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2009, 03:40:28 PM »
WARNING WARNING....IDIOT ALERT...!!!!!!

never run yourself down like that burnsy. your probably a nice guy if people got to know you

madness

« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2009, 07:18:55 PM »
 :P :P

glenb

« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »
Enjoying this thread about the Strand, a few of these boys probably got into it and never recovered.

I had mates in Dee st, and then I drank up the King Dick a few times, and the Orange Widows around Woodstock Rd, all of them were terrified of the Strand (they didn't know I was a Fenian)

Don't go into St Matthews grounds....remember???

In all sincerity the Strand was mellow compared to many other areas

madness

« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »
Enjoying this thread about the Strand, a few of these boys probably got into it and never recovered.

I had mates in Dee st, and then I drank up the King Dick a few times, and the Orange Widows around Woodstock Rd, all of them were terrified of the Strand (they didn't know I was a Fenian)

Don't go into St Matthews grounds....remember???

In all sincerity the Strand was mellow compared to many other areas

i was offered a pint in that bar "king dick" many years ago when i lived in belfast but i'm glad i said no. over the years i have heard a lot of bad things happened in and outside that bar. there was a few more around that area the farmers arms was another with a reputation, that sat by itself in a traffic island or a roundabout or something {it was between roads}

REP1

« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »
Hello som I know you well. send me a PM.
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

bootboy

« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2009, 12:23:09 AM »
Sounds like some of you are having a jolly good time, it's a pity St Matthew's doesn't command total respect from the divided communities. After all, the lead coming from the Chapel spire was from rifles and not off the roof.  Who sanctioned that??  My family helped ferry the wounded to Hospital.  No FOND MEMORIES of St. Matthew's or the Strand.  I wonder why???

archie m

« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »
NO COMMENTS

road hog

« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »
your name says it all; bootboy
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

bootboy

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2009, 10:27:35 PM »
Road hog, welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you mean well, if you would care to explain..

I have a love of music that happens to include guitarists like Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Rory Gallager and Taste, bands like AC/DC, T.Rex, Status Quo, Slade, U2, Thin Lizzy, Horslips, Dropkick Murphys, Planxty, Dr.Feelgood, so what's your beef.(or should I say Pork, Road hog.)

Everybody wore boots in my day, and they still do.. Still luv em especially CATS!!   Check out the Auters, on the go from 1991-1999, Alternative Rock their last album was "How I loved the Bootboys".

marketmade

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
here we go again  ???
you can take the man out off the market,but not the market out off the man.!

bootboy

« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
marketmade, wot's up.  My granda fought in them Chapel fields under Ma Copeland, any pics of the old Boxers??

bootboy

« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2009, 12:39:47 AM »
marketmade??  On second thoughts don't bother with the pics.  I understand that your are busy making videos.  LOL...   Are you still missing your friends, they said the FRY-UP's are getting better in the East, some cafe beside the Fire Station??

22may

« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2009, 12:44:44 AM »
did   any of you people  actually live on the SHORT STRAND/

grannyspice

« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2009, 06:59:15 PM »
marketmade, wot's up.  My granda fought in them Chapel fields under Ma Copeland, any pics of the old Boxers??
My dad also fought in the chapel fields and I would love to see photos if anyone has any

marketmade

« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
marketmade??  On second thoughts don't bother with the pics.  I understand that your are busy making videos.  LOL...   Are you still missing your friends, they said the FRY-UP's are getting better in the East, some cafe beside the Fire Station??
WHAT R U ON ABOUT YAA HEADER ???  ???  ???
you can take the man out off the market,but not the market out off the man.!