Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 239134 times)

mickybo

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2010, 11:12:51 AM »
Another set of cracking pics bullalo, anyone kno why chemical street was blocked off with dragons teeth? and wat year was the big chimney knocked down?
Dont eat the yellow snow.

victor1

« Reply #376 on: March 06, 2010, 11:20:34 AM »

From left to right.....Philly O'Niell Tony Murphy Sean Lavery John McGlaughlin(standing) Tommy Cupples (abus)(sitting) Colin Quinn and Stephen Irvine(bonanz)

BUFFALOBURGER

« Reply #377 on: March 06, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »
Another set of cracking pics bullalo, anyone kno why chemical street was blocked off with dragons teeth? and wat year was the big chimney knocked down?

Vulcan St, Sheriff St & Chemical St along with a lot of others in different areas had Dragons teeth installed by the Army (I remember watching them being put in place in Chemical St where I lived) to make it easier for the Army/Cops to mount road blocks, disrupt any potential speeding cars and also give the troops some solid protection to stand behind when doing vechicle checks.

I have some pics somewhere taken on the day Blairs Chimney was demolished. (When we were allowed in everyone swarmed all over it's ruins hacking off the tiny metal plates that were used to fasten the lighting rod & electric cables. I've still got mine somewhere at home..sad! lol)

debs123

« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2010, 01:37:49 AM »
hi i was wondereing if any1 new my granny and granda,im doin a family tree wanna try trace right bak thanks,hugh and jane mcmillan. :smile:

REP1

« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2010, 01:53:08 AM »
There were people called McMillan that lived in Moria Street. (Dickie McMillan) Maybe connected.
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

Jim B

« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2010, 10:01:17 AM »
From left to right.....Philly O'Niell Tony Murphy Sean Lavery John McGlaughlin(standing) Tommy Cupples (abus)(sitting) Colin Quinn and Stephen Irvine(bonanz)
[/quot
My battery was dead...

Jim B

« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2010, 10:02:45 AM »

Is that a couple of the pidgeons in the background, Molly, Gerard. Dominic and Paul...?

My battery was dead...

victor1

« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »

Is that a couple of the pidgeons in the background, Molly, Gerard. Dominic and Paul...?

Jezus benj I think you could be right lol

bigman

« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
the picture of the van on the waste ground was mine and the dog lol, back in the old black and white days REP 1
Keeping Your Head (when all around you are losing theirs

victor1

« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
It couldn't be yours bigman, all your vehicles sat on bricks that van has wheels lol

bigman

« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »
when your uncle P found out, I had that van he went out and bought one so he could barrow parts lol on a non return basis your uncle what ?
Keeping Your Head (when all around you are losing theirs

victor1

« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »
He was a smart character lol

frank.m

« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

Vulcan St, Sheriff St & Chemical St along with a lot of others in different areas had Dragons teeth installed by the Army (I remember watching them being put in place in Chemical St where I lived) to make it easier for the Army/Cops to mount road blocks, disrupt any potential speeding cars and also give the troops some solid protection to stand behind when doing vechicle checks.

I have some pics somewhere taken on the day Blairs Chimney was demolished. (When we were allowed in everyone swarmed all over it's ruins hacking off the tiny metal plates that were used to fasten the lighting rod & electric cables. I've still got mine somewhere at home..sad! lol)

hello bb the pics are great they made me a little home-sick i left 1964 for canada

road hog

« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2010, 06:43:07 PM »
Did you never come back to visit frank.m
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

frank.m

« Reply #389 on: March 07, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »
Did you never come back to visit frank.m
hi road hog ihave been home a few times but i stayed in twinbrook with my sister