Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 239258 times)

jackiehillis

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #915 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »
craigyroo:thats a very groundless hurtful remark, i was born and raised in ballymacarret & i can assure you it was not in any shape or form a ghetto.

Josephine Street. Born and reared. Many happy memories. Greatest people you could find.
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

craigyroo

« Reply #916 on: July 21, 2012, 10:24:42 PM »
craigyroo:thats a very groundless hurtful remark, i was born and raised in ballymacarret & i can assure you it was not in any shape or form a ghetto.

I grew up between the Albertbridge , lord street and beersbridge , compared to where I live now those areas are [censored]

PaulineRooney

« Reply #917 on: July 24, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »
REP 1, so sorry to hear Danny has passed away. Was one of my wee pals way back when. I know Pauline and
Denis. Denis was my nephew Mal. Fegan,s best friend. Did you know the Thompsons from Bryson Street?

Hi just wondered if this is the same Pauline O'Neill that went to st monicas 1977 (approximate date) ? My mum Mary rocks (known as molly rocks) went to school with a girl called Pauline ONeill from either the strand or markets area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks x

kilmoodgirl

« Reply #918 on: July 26, 2012, 04:00:39 AM »
yes thats Alice . got any more  photos of all the girls would love to see them many thanks.

St Monicas girls..Seaforde St May 1962 .That is me with X on back age13.
from the left Hazel Halfpenny 3rd Moira Mc mahon  That is all I remember anyone help.
Double Click on pic for larger image

Denis Patterson

« Reply #919 on: July 27, 2012, 02:32:14 PM »
Emily Devlin at the back. I remember that day well.  many thanks.  Marie Devlin.

jonjoe

« Reply #920 on: July 30, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »
pauline rooney: (nee oneill right) i went to school with dennis i knew you were both living in co. down somewhere, what about your brother eddie,?

PaulineRooney

« Reply #921 on: July 31, 2012, 08:01:15 AM »
lol its not me, im looking for a Pauline O'Neill from the strand/markets that went to school with my mum molly rocks. Can anyone help please. X

sydenhambetty

« Reply #922 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
lol its not me, im looking for a Pauline O'Neill from the strand/markets that went to school with my mum molly rocks. Can anyone help please. X
Pauline O,Neill, married to Dennis Rooney now lives in Downpatrick. Hope this helps. :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

PaulineRooney

« Reply #923 on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »
Pauline O,Neill, married to Dennis Rooney now lives in Downpatrick. Hope this helps. :)

Thank you for the info, do you know of any members on here that may know her personally or can contact her? Thanks again for your help. My mum Molly Rocks went to school with a girl called Pauline O'neill from the stand, she had a brother called danny. My mum called me after her and my name is Pauline Rooney too lol

sydenhambetty

« Reply #924 on: July 31, 2012, 05:08:29 PM »
Pauline, that is the same girl as I knew her brother Danny very well. Heard lately that Danny has passed away. My nephew that lives here in Canada was best friends with Dennis Rooney and I will try and get the address for you. Stay tuned. :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

PaulineRooney

« Reply #925 on: July 31, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
Thank you so much. XX :)

mickybo

« Reply #926 on: July 31, 2012, 08:50:49 PM »
was a pauline o,neill who lived on the short strand, wud be about 50 by now?
Dont eat the yellow snow.

PaulineRooney

« Reply #927 on: August 01, 2012, 08:09:34 AM »
yes mickybo around that age group as my mum will be 50 next year.  :)

mickybo

« Reply #928 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:23 PM »
yes mickybo around that age group as my mum will be 50 next year.  :)
had an older sister, carol and younger brother, philip if ur mum wud kno?
Dont eat the yellow snow.

PaulineRooney

« Reply #929 on: August 02, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »
hey mickybo im not sure about the other names, she defo had a brother danny, if they were older my mum prob wouldnt remember. do you know her? x