Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 236060 times)

sydenhambetty

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #900 on: March 16, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
Bump up. :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

olelad

« Reply #901 on: March 16, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »

duggans short strand ? one of them was in the same class as me at lismore. if memory serves me right i think they moved down from creagh estate ?

Bronco

« Reply #902 on: June 14, 2012, 12:08:07 PM »
Without being offensive, can I ask people not to offer me condolences on the death of my ex-wife Marie McMahon from Madrid Street. I have had no contact with her for the best part of 20 years and I want to leave it that way. We were divorced a long time ago and that was the end of things and my connection to the Strand. Bronco

kilmoodgirl

« Reply #903 on: June 16, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »
Hi All, Just found this forum bring back great memories thanks to all.
 Does anyone remember the O'neills from 22 Kilmood St I am Rosaleen.
 I went to St Matthews and St monica's. I have some old pics I will post when I scan them.

kate.o

« Reply #904 on: June 16, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
dose anyone remember Laim and John Lawler from the Strand :-\ :-\

road hog

« Reply #905 on: June 17, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »
Due to the location of the factories in the area, I can understand why Vulcan and Chemical streets were so called. Can any one shed any light on why Sherriff St was called Sherriff St ?
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

danso

« Reply #906 on: June 17, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
Was it because sheriff burns lived there. Lol

road hog

« Reply #907 on: June 18, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »
All the streets in the markets are called after peoples names, but the strand is a puzzle. Some are names, Thompson, Moira, AAron; others cities, Lisbon, Madrid. Then it just changes to jibberish, Kilmood, sherriff, were did they think them up.
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

Denis Patterson

« Reply #908 on: June 28, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »
I know you Rosaleen  went to school with you and Jean wee were in the same class in ST Monica, I come from altcar street ,

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #909 on: July 13, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »
A couple of times every week for the last few years I  pass on the train waste ground of what I believe is the old Sorocco works, now it is my understanding that there is a cronic shortage of social housing in the Short Strand, that being the case why are there no houses being built on that site, surely it cant be the shortage of money, because just a half mile away there is an area that they threw money at it as if it were confetti, namely the Titanic Quarter....Can some of you good people of the Short Strand enlighten me to what the reason of this situation is?
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

kilmoodgirl

« Reply #910 on: July 16, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »
I know you Rosaleen  went to school with you and Jean wee were in the same class in ST Monica, I come from altcar street ,

Did you to the plaza with us Mary McCarthy, Lilian Herdman and did you know Geraldine Patterson ? [/font]

Denis Patterson

« Reply #911 on: July 16, 2012, 08:30:36 PM »
 :) Geraldine patterson lived in altcar beside me .  Alice Munster Marie Daragh  and you were in the same class as me .

kilmoodgirl

« Reply #912 on: July 20, 2012, 07:08:32 AM »
:) Geraldine patterson lived in altcar beside me .  Alice Munster Marie Daragh  and you were in the same class as me .

This is Alice

Denis Patterson

« Reply #913 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »
yes thats Alice . got any more  photos of all the girls would love to see them many thanks.

jonjoe

« Reply #914 on: July 20, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
craigyroo:thats a very groundless hurtful remark, i was born and raised in ballymacarret & i can assure you it was not in any shape or form a ghetto.