Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 234646 times)

jackiehillis

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #945 on: August 14, 2012, 03:45:26 AM »
Hi Marie , Is there anyway you could either post the pics or e-mail them.
My e-mail is [email protected]. Hey if anyone else wants to e mail I would love to hear from you.
I have just made contact with Geraldine Patterson from Alcar St on the board .
We moved to Toronto early 70's then California near San Francisco and we now live in Roswell New Mexico (the place where the UFO crashed in 1947 LOL)
going on 30 yrs
This is great making contact
                Wow, Rosewell. I love the history there. The So called UFO crash. Wonder how true it was. Supposed to be a weather baloon.  ??? ??? ???
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

kilmoodgirl

« Reply #946 on: August 14, 2012, 05:27:42 AM »
                Wow, Rosewell. I love the history there. The So called UFO crash. Wonder how true it was. Supposed to be a weather baloon.  ??? ??? ???
Of course it was a UFO and here is a pic to prove it

Denis Patterson

« Reply #947 on: August 14, 2012, 11:39:12 AM »
Rosaleen when i get round to it  i will send them to you.Are you still working have you been home to Belfast. See Alica now and again the rest of the girls no. :-*

geraldinerice

« Reply #948 on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:50 PM »
this is my mum i think ur talkin about she has got me searchin for her  friends from she was younger she is geraldine patterson rice i see u were talkin with rosaleen and that her friend she would like to get in touch with everyone r u a relation to her

Denis Patterson

« Reply #949 on: August 14, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »
Not a relation  went to school with her lived in the same street .Marie Devlin.

p.george

« Reply #950 on: August 16, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
does anybody know if jerry troop is still alive from the short strand  :)

jonjoe

« Reply #951 on: August 20, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
p.george: gerry passed away some time ago. his brother john also passed away in new york a few years back.

waldo

« Reply #952 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »
jonjoe
did Jerry and John Troop have two sisters think one was called Peggy and a another  brother.

road hog

« Reply #953 on: August 21, 2012, 07:34:05 AM »
jonjoe
did Jerry and John Troop have two sisters think one was called Peggy and a another  brother.
The other brother was named Geordie
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

jonjoe

« Reply #954 on: August 21, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
waldo:sally.&peggy + george is right.

Denis Patterson

« Reply #955 on: September 17, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »
Hi Gerldine how are you . Are you living in Belfast. I live in Lisburn it would be nice to hear from you. :-* Marie.

sydenhambetty

« Reply #956 on: September 17, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
Hi Marie, what about ye? :-*
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

Denis Patterson

« Reply #957 on: September 18, 2012, 01:17:43 PM »
Betty all good with me. Hope you are well .Seen lovely photos of your patio and that lovely little dog. weather still good over there it has been a very bad summer here. :-*

sydenhambetty

« Reply #958 on: September 18, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »
Our summer went by all too fast Marie and at times was way too hot. We are approaching Fall now with the mornings darker and cooler. Delighted that you got to see into my wee world. Like you there is not a day goes by when I don,t think of the great people I enjoyed growing up especially Altcar Street where my family began. It was always fun to go down there and go from house to house. Take care love. :-*
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

Denis Patterson

« Reply #959 on: September 18, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »
Betty i think i was in every house  in Altcar street lol. The best one was lilly shields you always got a good laugh there. my kids  loved jimmy shields they called  him grandad he love  to see them calling in to get there wee bag of sweets. Mrs Boyle  Kathleen and Winnie  dont know if you remember them they lived next door to the Fagans lovely people.x