Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 234371 times)

Denis Patterson

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #960 on: September 18, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »
Betty another for you do you remember Dublin Murphy  her real name was Bridie Murry. she lived next door to big Maggie mc Cabe. lUKE mc Cabe went to live in canada years ago. When he came home for a holiday wee all throught he was a film star lol. Maggie would walk up and down Altcar street with him in and out of all the houses .x

Denis Patterson

« Reply #961 on: September 18, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »
BETTY another one for you do you remember Dublin Murphy. Her real name was Bridie Murry she lived next door to big Maggie mc Cabe  her son luke went to canada years ago. when he came home for a holiday wee throught he was a film star lol. Maggie would walk up and  down Altcar street with him in and out of all the houses.x

spacetinker

« Reply #962 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:52 PM »
Hi Denis. .
Had some "Lagan Village" school chums called Patterson from Altcar St. 1950's... Jimmy and  younger bro Tommy.
Did you know them?....would love to know how they are doing. ...Cheers.....Tink

celticfrankie

« Reply #963 on: September 20, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »
just to let u all know martin leonard formerly of anderson st died last monday funeral tomorrow at saint agnews andy town rip cousin

sydenhambetty

« Reply #964 on: September 20, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »
Marie, yes remember them all. I am glad your kids loved my Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Lily as I did. Bridget was definitely a character and loved my Mom. She told me one time that she would have gone hungry many a time if it was,nt for my Mom but then everyone shared what they had in those days. I remember the Boyles as well. Hope all is well with you and yours. :-*
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

REP1

« Reply #965 on: September 21, 2012, 07:16:38 AM »
just to let u all know martin leonard formerly of anderson st died last monday funeral tomorrow at saint agnews andy town rip cousin
Frankie so sorry to hear about Martin, I knew him and the family really well they were old friends and neighbours he was always full of fun. RIP Martin.
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

Denis Patterson

« Reply #966 on: September 21, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »
sorry have not seen  any of them. if i here any thing will let you know keep posted.

Denis Patterson

« Reply #967 on: September 21, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »
sorry to here about Martin RIP.

grannyspice

« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »
these are photos of my wedding in 1963 taken at Albertbridge Congregational Church. Anyone know the lads looking on? Folk always came out to wish the newlyweds all the best in those days.

REP1

« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
these are photos of my wedding in 1963 taken at Albertbridge Congregational Church. Anyone know the lads looking on? Folk always came out to wish the newlyweds all the best in those days.

That is the church in Thompson Street if I am correct. the second photo at the bottom left the young lad looks like Jakie McElhone from Clyde st. RIP

grannyspice

« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »
Ach Rep you are right about the Church. I am so sorry about the wee lad in the picture. I have often wondered if anyone would know these lads but have only learned how to post pictures. Thank you for the info. GS

kraftcheese

« Reply #971 on: September 24, 2012, 03:21:47 AM »
Grannyspice, you were a beautiful bride.  Congratulations on learning how to post pictures.  Well done! 
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

Marie1A

« Reply #972 on: September 24, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »
evening all, rep1 I remember that church and that lad in the picture :) too  brings back memories.   
Can anyone tell me where to get the Calender by Frankie Quinn. Id love to get it for my sisters here in England. Thanks

REP1

« Reply #973 on: September 25, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
evening all, rep1 I remember that church and that lad in the picture :) too  brings back memories.   
Can anyone tell me where to get the Calender by Frankie Quinn. Id love to get it for my sisters here in England. Thanks
Frankie has a shop off lower North street.  or go to www.frankiequinn.com

grannyspice

« Reply #974 on: September 26, 2012, 08:48:20 AM »
Grannyspice, you were a beautiful bride.  Congratulations on learning how to post pictures.  Well done!
Ach thank you Kraffy. Sure we are never too old to learn xxxx