Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 235188 times)

celticfrankie

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #975 on: September 26, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
has frankie quinn anything to do with the quinns in kilmood st does anybody got any contact with pat quinn the last place known was down patrick  i think it was the white horse estate if anybody has an adress or phone number id be grateful

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #976 on: September 26, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
A couple of times every week for the last few years I  pass on the train waste ground of what I believe is the old Sorocco works, now it is my understanding that there is a cronic shortage of social housing in the Short Strand, that being the case why are there no houses being built on that site, surely it cant be the shortage of money, because just a half mile away there is an area that they threw money at it as if it were confetti, namely the Titanic Quarter....Can some of you good people of the Short Strand enlighten me to what the reason of this situation is?

Bump.
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

jonjoe

« Reply #977 on: September 27, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »
grannyspice:the saddest thing about looking at an old wedding album,ours is from 1967 is that most of the people in the photos have passed away.

Denis Patterson

« Reply #978 on: October 04, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
Hi Betty hows  things with you hope all is well. Winter is on its way  and wee had no summer lol. :-* .

sydenhambetty

« Reply #979 on: October 04, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
Hi Marie, everything good at this end. Our weather is lovely today. Sun is shining and of course the trees have started to change colours but the nights are chilly. We have closed up the back yard and stored away the furniture for another year. The flowers in my hanging baskets are starting to die so I guess I will have to put some Autumn ones out. Hope you and yours are well. :-*
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

grannyspice

« Reply #980 on: October 04, 2012, 06:33:18 PM »
grannyspice:the saddest thing about looking at an old wedding album,ours is from 1967 is that most of the people in the photos have passed away.
You are right jonjoe. I think in our group photo there is only one or two of the wedding guests still alive :-(

Denis Patterson

« Reply #981 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
Hi Rosaleen whats new with you,  Any  more info from  ST Monicas girls  as i said  last time have not seen any of them. Every one must be living away from Belfast lol :) .

e.rainey

« Reply #982 on: October 09, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
Love seeing the posts about the Short Strand...My Dad was born and raised in the area being born Short Strand St..My Dad left Belfast to  seek work in Birmingham then Manchester...I love to hear all the stories about the people from the area.As a child Summer Holidays were spent at My Grandmothers 102 Bryson St running around all the streets going to the Baths around the corner.The Cinema walking into Town.So many happy memories so many friends Boy's and Girl's...It fills me with great emotion whenever I think of them...I returned the other year to see Bryson St relatives still live on it...Felt so sad to see the peacewall...Where the house used to be..I suppose I can be grateful for the Fabulous memories I have something which no one can take away from me .Even when I arrive by flight and come into Belfast City Airport...I look for the landmark of St Matthews and my heart skips a beat.   

artibell

« Reply #983 on: October 16, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »

The Loughrans 22 Clyde Street

REP1

« Reply #984 on: October 16, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »

The Loughrans 22 Clyde Street
Artie did one of the brothers work as a coalman.
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

artibell

« Reply #985 on: October 17, 2012, 10:43:48 AM »
Hi rep1 Anthony was a coalman

REP1

« Reply #986 on: October 17, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
Hi rep1 Anthony was a coalman
Is he in the photo Artie?
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

artibell

« Reply #987 on: October 18, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
Is he in the photo Artie?
front right

road hog

« Reply #988 on: November 28, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
anyone remember Sean Donaldson from Anderson St
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

jonjoe

« Reply #989 on: December 03, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »
 i was in the same class as tony loughran in st.matthews have,nt a clue where he is now but celticfrankie might know. the name sean donaldson is very familer to me but i can,t put a face to the name.