Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 239171 times)

Denis Patterson

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #990 on: December 03, 2012, 06:58:43 PM »
Rosleen Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  to you and your family  . Marie..

ec

« Reply #991 on: December 06, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
I remember Sean Donaldson, he lived in 31 Anderson Street

road hog

« Reply #992 on: December 07, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
Any idea where Sean is now, ec
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

ec

« Reply #993 on: December 07, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
No idea Road Hog, haven't seen him in over thirty years, his brother used to have a shop on the Falls Road. Sorry I cant help you further.

REP1

« Reply #994 on: December 07, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
Any idea where Sean is now, ec
Sean lives in west Belfast. Has an outside catering business going, is always around Saint Gaulís club. He was on talkback radio a few months ago, seems his great uncle was in the photograph of the Ulster Covenant taken with Lord Carson.

Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

road hog

« Reply #995 on: December 08, 2012, 08:09:52 AM »
Thanks REP, if your talking to him, ask him to send me an email

Chaddie

« Reply #996 on: December 22, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
religion wasnt at fault m8. it was people using religion as a scap goat for to go to war.
one god, 10 commandments. hardly an excuse for war !!!!

Stalin and pol Pot were not exactly religious. They helped a few people to an early grave.

road hog

« Reply #997 on: December 22, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »

Stalin and pol Pot were not exactly religious. They helped a few people to an early grave.
chaddie,you quote stalin and pol pot as irreligious. Be careful that you dont misunderstand your own statement.
Religion is the name given to a system of believes pertaining to a transcendant realm, with its social structures, practices and moral teachings. Stalin and pol pot, only believed in " themselves"

olelad

« Reply #998 on: December 22, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
chaddie,you quote stalin and pol pot as irreligious. Be careful that you dont misunderstand your own statement.
Religion is the name given to a system of believes pertaining to a transcendant realm, with its social structures, practices and moral teachings. Stalin and pol pot, only believed in " themselves"

interesting he named those two, quite afew others in history could be added to the list. well said rh.

Mary K. Rossi

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast Seaforde St., Sheriff and Lowry St.
« Reply #999 on: January 20, 2013, 03:30:32 PM »
My grandparents lived at 41 Sheriff St.  I lived at 59 Seaforde St. across Kilmood St., and hung out at 15 Lowry St.  My friends were Betty and Maire Burns.  Marion  and Agnes O'Neill.  Maura Stratton, Dorothy Mc Ginty, Ann Burns, Madeline Lundy, Ann Mc Glade.  The area was a slum, ghetto, but we didn't know it.  We were all in the same boat.  I left for the USA in 1957 and still cherish the fun we had especially in the summer and Sundays going out to Stormount, Ormeau Rd Park, the Pop, the Hippadrome and the Winkie.  Going the the Market on Fridays, getting a piece of ice from the fish market.  Sneaking on the bus because we had no money.  Long walks out to the country and rolling down the Mount.  If any of my old friends are still out there, I remember all of you fondly.  All the best.
Mary Kinsella 

REP1

« Reply #1000 on: January 20, 2013, 03:51:43 PM »
Mary check out (seadog) on this forum he is the son of Agnes O'Neill now (Logue)
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

Alaun

« Reply #1001 on: January 23, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »

Alaun

« Reply #1002 on: January 23, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »
These Loughrans lived next door to my cousins in Clyde street. They were called McGuigan, and they lived in 24 Clyde st.

sagirl

« Reply #1003 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »
Hi new to the forum

My dad was born in chemical street (willie kelly) and my mum from Clyde Steet (Mary Gargan) just seen pics of my uncle Sammy kelly and then someone chatting about my aunt Geraldine Gargan

My dad is now 80 and mum late seventies and they are delighted with all the connections I tell them about as they do not have any connection to the internet and think it is amazing

jonjoe

« Reply #1004 on: February 04, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »
gw: i knew all the boyles very well i think my mother (cassie carew) was godmother to one of the older girls. i think i am the same age as ann, i,ll not say what that is to save her blushes.