Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 236920 times)

ec

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #1005 on: February 04, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »
Hi sagirl, just read ur blog, I am your cousin, my daddy was ur daddy's brother, his name was Felix and I am Eileen Cullen nee Kelly.

sagirl

« Reply #1006 on: February 04, 2013, 03:31:49 PM »
Hi Eileen

Your cousin Trish here - crazy one post and you reply so soon!! Hope you are keeping well. I will tell Dad we were in touch

ec

« Reply #1007 on: February 05, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »
Hi Trish, hope u and ur family are doing well.  Tell ur mum and dad I was asking about them.  Last seen ur dad at Aunt Maureen's funeral, he was looking good. xx

jonjoe

« Reply #1008 on: February 05, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
sagirl: i remember your dad from way back. i think there were a lot of familys related but we were never sure how. the kellys,mc canns,kings, fitzsimmons, mcauley (my lot) glenholmes i,m sure iv,e forgotten some you can ask your dad. we were not so much a big family circle more a small tribe.!

sagirl

« Reply #1009 on: February 06, 2013, 12:49:47 AM »
Hi jonjoe

Yes I know Dad talks about the (tribe) and you are right there was quite a mix with all family and although he has told me how it came about I am still not sure as a verrry long story as we know!!
He has told me all the surnames and you have mentioned them all if I remember correctly!!

He would be delighted to hear that I was in touch with anyone from the (tribe) even though he still goes (home) as often as he can to see his sisters

Thanks for getting in touch

sagirl

« Reply #1010 on: February 06, 2013, 12:52:43 AM »
Jonjoe

I think the one we are missing is Armour

jonjoe

« Reply #1011 on: February 08, 2013, 07:52:57 PM »
sagirl : thats the ones they all started out in keenan st. same street as my dad was born in.

belfastbilly

« Reply #1012 on: February 08, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
the bible is a book of hate.its filled with stories  of rape murder incest and genocides.if you were foolish enough to believe and follow every word in the bible you would either end up in jail or the mad house.

scully500

« Reply #1013 on: February 09, 2013, 02:35:10 AM »
Hi Eileen ,Susan McGreevy here, how is everyone doing?

road hog

« Reply #1014 on: February 09, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
the bible is a book of hate.its filled with stories  of rape murder incest and genocides.if you were foolish enough to believe and follow every word in the bible you would either end up in jail or the mad house.
hI Billy, I think you are referring to the old testament when you say these things. Jesus changed all that. Try reading the new testament, and I feel your opinion may change.
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

road hog

« Reply #1015 on: February 09, 2013, 06:53:42 PM »
Hi Eileen ,Susan McGreevy here, how is everyone doing?
Susan, did you live in Chemical St
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

ec

« Reply #1016 on: February 09, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »
Well Susan, how are you, hope all is well.  Cant say how many years its been from I last spoke to you.  Everybody is doing great.  Any chance of you coming home for a visit.  Was just telling our Patricia today that you had got in touch through this forum.  Are you on facebook, if yes I am under Cullen and Patricia is under Braniff.

Last seen your mum at Maureens funeral, must say her, mary and teasie doing great, hope I am good at their age.

Must tell our Thomas u have been in touch.

ec

« Reply #1017 on: February 09, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
jonjoe - as far as I can remember, the glenholmes and kings were cousins of the  kellys.  My aunt Becky Kelly's married name was mccann and aunt maggie kelly's married name was fitzsimmons. the armours were also cousins of the kellys.

sagirl

« Reply #1018 on: February 10, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
Hi Eileen

Dad was asking about you, Patricia and Thomas. Thinks its hysterical we connecting on here!!

ec

« Reply #1019 on: February 10, 2013, 11:35:39 PM »
Hi Trish, tell ur dad we're all okay.  Hope everything good with u.