Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 234640 times)

fluff

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »
strange so  did my grandparents, twig, i also worked out of the depot as i drove the buses. did you not get my other messages

twiggy

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
strange so  did my grandparents, twig, i also worked out of the depot as i drove the buses. did you not get my other messages
hi fluff. .yes got your message will try and get the info....fluff there was a photo in this years  callendar of the hamill family....

masser

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2008, 11:47:23 PM »
Didn't live on the Strand but was there a lot during 1971/72 before I left Ireland. I was in the Order of Mallta. The images and faces are still vivid but unfortunately the names excape me. Only just found this site and it has been good to read everones messages in the various boards and a lot of the street names and people are coming back to me. Anyone remember the McCabes (Desi and John). Boxed at St. Matthews but I was crap at it - always got wacked on the neb and gushed everywhere. My brother was a good boxer (under Harry Enright) and all Ireland champion in his weight.
Sorry I won't be able to contribute much but it is really good to read your messages - hope you don't mind me eavesdropping.
Cheers.
Hi Som
I remember the mcabes, and k weir from the strand and lilly your oc...i and my wife was in the omac...
when u get a chance come back and say hi ok

;)

masser

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2008, 11:48:31 PM »
I know F Quinn done many a photo shoot with him and others during the troubles

he's a good photographer.

masser

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2008, 11:49:43 PM »
beechfield st. paul gracey lived there. guy was in my class at st anthonys. think he moved up to twinbrook.

Has paul a brother called Tony? Now dead a few yrs?

fluff

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2008, 08:42:42 AM »
i have the calendar had it sent over, tommy got one as well

Sheriff St

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
Born in Sheriff St. Lived in Altcar St and Mountpottinger Rd.
Came to Canada in 1973

olelad

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
Has paul a brother called Tony? Now dead a few yrs?

not sure m8. think i heard he may have a sister but not sure about that either. he lived at the top end of beechfield st if memory serves me right !!

willowfield

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2008, 07:57:18 PM »
hi Rinty do you remember tapping your shoes across the floor when your da used to call you to get up in the morning or do you remember the ghost in Knockers house? Those were the good old days?

kath

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »
Hi Rinty,
Do you still live in the Short Strand? Wanted to know if you knew the Farrelly family of Seaforde Street? My granmother was Sarah Farrelly and my uncle Jimmy Farrelly who was well known in the area. Sadly both are deceased now, but my mothers cousins lived in Kilmood St.

jimmyo

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2008, 05:41:37 AM »
First time to the Forum born in White Street Short Strand what a great place to spend my youth great memory's

fluff

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2008, 11:43:01 AM »
jimmyo i knew a harry mc cusker a painter from white sreet served my time under him, did you know him. i am talking 40yrs ago

maggiemay

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »
Does anyone remember Joe Boal who lived in Sherrif St.Be lived with his Aunt.He was a great friend of my fathers
Maggie

jimmyo

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »
Knew harry mc custer well I was friends with his son Harry

Seadog

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »
father grew up in falcon street, his name james mc dowell, uncle charley mc dowell still lives in strand in beechfield street, used to live in sheriff street, would love to see any old pic people might have please. cheers
Hi Shaz, I remember your father and uncle, my Da played in The Wheel Base with them :), Jim Logue.
I think you had a brother James? I lived in Seaford St before moving to Twinbrook and then Downpatrick.

Paul.