Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 236157 times)

marketmade

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #660 on: August 26, 2010, 08:04:10 PM »
Hello everyone, I just came across this forum (Short Strand) and I am presently reading through all the posts, time consuming but very interesting.
Does anyone remember a guy called Danny Lawlor (I hope I spelt his surname correctly) from the Strand? Or where he is or what happened to him since the late 70's. He would be around the 50 year old mark.
Buffaloburger; I can't view the photo's youposted, (maybe you removed them?) are you able to send them to me or post them back up the forum again?

hi,im from the market but go in to the strand daily, and  i no danny ,as far as i no he is still  in the strand living and doing well,i have seen him ragulary ;)
you can take the man out off the market,but not the market out off the man.!

Aidan

« Reply #661 on: August 27, 2010, 03:24:59 AM »
Hi Rep1, what end of Sherrif st is that pic taken from, it looks to me that it is from the Seaforde St end, if it is then that station wagon is just about parked outside my grannys old house

REP1

« Reply #662 on: August 27, 2010, 07:36:21 AM »
Hi Rep1, what end of Sherrif st is that pic taken from, it looks to me that it is from the Seaforde St end, if it is then that station wagon is just about parked outside my grannys old house
You are right the photo was taken from Seaforde ST on the the left would have been Mary Harpers shop on the left corner. My guess going by the cars age at the time it must have been around 1983
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

Aidan

« Reply #663 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
Hey Rep member I said it brought back memories, the woman walking across the road could even be my auntie Sarahann or her daughter peggy.  Maybe I am wrong or just an oul dreamer these days but the friendship there was in them wee streets seems to be a thing of the past the world over these days

frank.m

« Reply #664 on: August 28, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »
Thanks Frank, its dedicated to the Firemen who went up the twin towers when everyone else was coming down. That's what I call hero's.

Hope you had a great time theres nothing like coming home.
      rep1 if i ever get married again you will be the wedding singer
listened to my fab  the first of MAY  by the the bee-gees my sister told me
that you sang it on the cd i am playing in my car every day since i got back to toronto
keep in touch

roy231

« Reply #665 on: August 28, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »
anyone know the donnallys from valcan street

REP1

« Reply #666 on: August 28, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »
Frank there is are friends of mine in Toronto Jimmy and Joan Greer. And another musician Sean Straney. maybe you know them.

frank.m

« Reply #667 on: August 28, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
Frank there is are friends of mine in Toronto Jimmy and Joan Greer. And another musician Sean Straney. maybe you know them.
[/quoteh hi rep1 would sean straney be related to hugo straney

pq

« Reply #668 on: August 28, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »
my uncle paddy lavery lived in the short strand he was a marrket man but like many market men he married and moved to the strand i would love to know if anyone knew him .
quae sursum volo videre

REP1

« Reply #669 on: August 29, 2010, 08:16:24 AM »

Yes frank he is Hugos brother I havent met Hugo but he has been playing that CD you have on his Radio program in Toronto.
His Brother Sean is a brilliant singer and entertainer if you come across him tell him I was asking for him.

irishtiger

« Reply #670 on: September 02, 2010, 01:39:17 AM »
Hi all just reading down through this post and find it great ;)
Do any of you people know the cranes and do ya have any photos ::)
Were would you go with-out a bell on your bike

ceili

« Reply #671 on: September 02, 2010, 07:22:28 AM »
You mean Goliath Crane and his younger (but bigger) brother Sampson Crane? I knew them personally, I used to work under them, a couple of more decent big fellas ye cuddint hope to meet.
 :D

irishtiger

« Reply #672 on: September 02, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »
You mean Goliath Crane and his younger (but bigger) brother Sampson Crane? I knew them personally, I used to work under them, a couple of more decent big fellas ye cuddint hope to meet.
 :D
No Ray, george,brian and ned and their families and where did they go (not the yellow ones lol) :scratch_ones_head:

irishtiger

« Reply #673 on: September 02, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »
Hithe wee girl 2nd from left, is that one of the cranes. 

frank.m

« Reply #674 on: September 02, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »
No Ray, george,brian and ned and their families and where did they go (not the yellow ones lol) :scratch_ones_head:
hi irishtiger i beleive they moved to downpatrick may be around that area