Author Topic: Short Strand. East Belfast  (Read 236907 times)

yarrummot

Re: Short Strand. East Belfast
« Reply #720 on: December 07, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »
We used to go to Templemore Avenue baths on a Thursday night for Jim Mc Dermott's swimming club!!!

REP1

« Reply #721 on: December 07, 2010, 03:37:49 PM »
We used to go to Templemore Avenue baths on a Thursday night for Jim Mc Dermott's swimming club!!!
Is that Jim Mermott that lived in Seaforde st.
Indifference is the essence of inhumanity

Rosiejoe

« Reply #722 on: December 07, 2010, 04:10:55 PM »

I went to St Matthews school and we used to go to Templemore Ave baths on a Monday night to learn to swim, but I can't remember the name of the club, or the people who taught us.

road hog

« Reply #723 on: December 07, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »
Is that Jim Mermott that lived in Seaforde st.
No REP, I think the Name was Mc Dermot, I went on thurs nites as well. He was a big man, his son could swim like a fish. If we have got his name wrong, someone on the forum will put us right.
ET VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST

REP1

« Reply #724 on: December 07, 2010, 08:03:48 PM »
No REP, I think the Name was Mc Dermot, I went on thurs nites as well. He was a big man, his son could swim like a fish. If we have got his name wrong, someone on the forum will put us right.

I spelled the name wrongly it was McDermot I was talking about he was a big guy later years had beard and lived between Comber st and Kilmood st.

Paige

« Reply #725 on: December 08, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »
Thanks very much Rep1 for putting that photo of Anderson Street on, you made one old lady very happy. She was visiting me and I was showing her all the posts from people at home and she wanted to have a go at asking something.
If I know her she will be wanting to post the next time she visits.  :smile: :smile: :smile:

REP1

« Reply #726 on: December 08, 2010, 03:09:36 PM »
Paige are you from the area?

sydenhambetty

« Reply #727 on: December 08, 2010, 04:51:54 PM »
Rep 1, just jumping in here to wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas and the very best in the coming year.
Keep the music going. :air_kiss:
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

road hog

« Reply #728 on: December 08, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »
keep the music going, agh betty, dont encourage him ::)

REP1

« Reply #729 on: December 08, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Rep 1, just jumping in here to wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas and the very best in the coming year.
Keep the music going. :air_kiss:
Thanks a million Betty the same to you, and will pass on my best wishes to Joan and Jimmy Greer. Nevermind road hog, he is just depressed that he cant get out in the snow, he is getting used with daytime TV. Happy Christmas road hog to you and your family. :smile:

road hog

« Reply #730 on: December 08, 2010, 07:43:32 PM »
same to you and yours big lad

sydenhambetty

« Reply #731 on: December 08, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »
RoadHog, Wishing you and all my homies a very Happy and Peaceful Christmas and contentment in the New Year. :air_kiss:
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

road hog

« Reply #732 on: December 08, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »
Thanks betty, same to you as well :air_kiss:

frankieleonard

« Reply #733 on: December 10, 2010, 02:51:55 PM »
wishing all a very merry christmas please keep the news flowing havent been home for over 5 years rely on u to keep me up to date whats happening in the district strandie born and bred

road hog

« Reply #734 on: December 10, 2010, 05:55:16 PM »
Thanks a million Betty the same to you, and will pass on my best wishes to Joan and Jimmy Greer. Nevermind road hog, he is just depressed that he cant get out in the snow, he is getting used with daytime TV. Happy Christmas road hog to you and your family. :smile:
Im not allowed out, REP, minding the other grandkids while Fiona gets back on her feet, mustard, wouldnt be the word for it. Put the heating up full blast, they started to nod off,they slept like logs, you try and watch the disney channel from 8 in the morn till 6 at night, I know every nursery rhyme off by heart. :D