Author Topic: Pubs, Christmas Day  (Read 13344 times)

giannineo

Re: Pubs, Christmas Day
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »
Why do you never take me seriously?
 Go to the start of this thread you buffoon, buffalo or Basin.

BigAgiesMan

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 10:54:25 PM »
  :-*[ I'm getting as bad as you  :-*[ :idiot2:

At least I have an excuse, I'm pi**ed O0

giannineo

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »
"Pinged"...do you pong also?...no idea you were into table tennis :-[

BigAgiesMan

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 11:05:22 PM »
I refused to play table tennis because I could never see where the ball boys were :P

Christopher

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 06:20:15 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone know of any pubs open in city on Christmas day?  We are just looking for somewhere to go for a drink or 3 for a couple of hrs, no family here so have to amuse ourselves somehow!

Cheers :)

It looks as though the Forum doesn't have a spokesperson of the Federation of the Retail Licensed Trade (FRLT) Northern Ireland as a member. That's just typical. They should  be organised and be like the chemists who publish a rota in the Tele every Saturday so that we all know which chemist is open over the weekend.

EllCee

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 09:48:05 AM »
Chris, do you expect The Primrose to be open on Xmas Day?

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

twocoats

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 09:54:22 AM »

;D
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

EllCee

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

twocoats

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 03:21:23 AM »

I guess he's not going to answer. .I see your request on another thread was deleted as well. Coats
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

Christopher

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 12:01:13 PM »
I guess he's not going to answer. .I see your request on another thread was deleted as well. Coats

No Christmas Day opening.

Boxing Day ... Open late afternoon onwards but no meals

EllCee

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 12:34:41 PM »

I noticed that too.  Ah well, we've got the info now.

EllCee

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 12:38:12 PM »
No Christmas Day opening.

Boxing Day ... Open late afternoon onwards but no meals

Thanks Chris. That's what I'd have expected. 

I've asked various people and no one says their local pub has been open in the past or will be opening  on Christmas Day.

EllCee

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 12:47:28 PM »
This is an interesting clip from another website;  OK, it relates to the ROI:

Pub opening hours St Patrick’s Day  via Dublin South-West Blog March 15th, 2007 at 23:47
Intoxicating Liquor Act, 20003.—Section 2 (as substituted by section 25 of the Act of 1988 and amended by section 2 of the Act of 1995) of the Act of 1927 is amended by the substitution of the following subsections for subsection (1):"(1) Save as otherwise provided by this Act, it shall not be lawful for any person to sell or expose for sale any intoxicating liquor, or to open or keep open any premises for the sale of intoxicating liquor, or to permit any intoxicating liquor to be consumed on licensed premises—(a) at any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday;(b) on any other day, as specified hereunder, outside the times so specified in respect of it—(i) Saint Patrick's Day: between 12.30 p.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day;(ii) the 23rd December: if it falls on a Sunday,...
In St Patrick's Day, pub

http://www.irishblogs.ie/categories/pub/

EllCee

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 05:42:52 PM »
It seems other pubs in Ballynahinch are opening on Christmas Day evening.  Newtownbreda must indeed be "in the sticks" and not on the outskirts of Belfast.

Mrs Timberlake

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »
Indeed you are Les.  I phoned The Whitefort not too far from us in Andersonstown and they are opened from 11.00 am for Christmas dinner and once the dinners are sorted, they are open to the pulic for drink, although they are fully booked out for dinner.  So I imagine most of the bars in Belfast will be open on Christmas Day, and plenty of them will be doing Christmas lunches, but I would imagine you would need to book pretty quickly  O0
Does my face look bothered?