Author Topic: big night for OWC on Thursday Night  (Read 10841 times)

Orior

Re: big night for OWC on Thursday Night
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »

what is it      :-\

It is a statelet. Same as East Anglia, which could soon have its own devolved government
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GandT

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
Going to avoid the politicking and well-oiled controversies. This was an enormous footballing achievement and a dramatic managerial as well as team turn around. In strict sporting terms only - NI were outstanding as a unit, played with great heart and responded superbly to a very supportive crowd. Anyone who is inclined to be a supporter of under-dogs will acknowledge just what has been done here. I went to Windsor Park after an absence close to 40 years and, going with the flow, found only mild strangeness with standing for 'God Save the Queen' and chants for some place called 'Ulster' [those are meant as mere jokes, folks]. Seriously, I had been led to believe that the overall atmosphere had changed and the IFA had ensured that all would feel welcome. I didn't necessarily accept that but had to find out

I have to say that one would need to be making a mountain out of a molehill to complain about anything I witnessed inside or outside the stadium last night. There were no sectarian chants and the crowd were loud, good-humoured and - actually good-mannered in getting to and from seats etc. More so than some opera and drama crowds I encountered in Italy and elsewhere!! In a nutshell, I enjoyed it immensely as a football match and something to celebrate. That there was something to celebrate in Dublin is also immensely pleasing but this is a thread on NI and who can begrudge them their win and qualification.

old3wheeler

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 02:58:32 PM »
Going to avoid the politicking and well-oiled controversies. This was an enormous footballing achievement and a dramatic managerial as well as team turn around. In strict sporting terms only - NI were outstanding as a unit, played with great heart and responded superbly to a very supportive crowd. Anyone who is inclined to be a supporter of under-dogs will acknowledge just what has been done here. I went to Windsor Park after an absence close to 40 years and, going with the flow, found only mild strangeness with standing for 'God Save the Queen' and chants for some place called 'Ulster' [those are meant as mere jokes, folks]. Seriously, I had been led to believe that the overall atmosphere had changed and the IFA had ensured that all would feel welcome. I didn't necessarily accept that but had to find out

I have to say that one would need to be making a mountain out of a molehill to complain about anything I witnessed inside or outside the stadium last night. There were no sectarian chants and the crowd were loud, good-humoured and - actually good-mannered in getting to and from seats etc. More so than some opera and drama crowds I encountered in Italy and elsewhere!! In a nutshell, I enjoyed it immensely as a football match and something to celebrate. That there was something to celebrate in Dublin is also immensely pleasing but this is a thread on NI and who can begrudge them their win and qualification.

Glad you enjoyed last night GandT and pleased you found it as you did and all the hard work by the IFA and all supporters clubs and supporters have worked and have changed for the better, Gone is the old sectarian rubbish that once was prevalent at Windsor Park, The current thousands who support N IRE are not interested in what religion a N IRE played is all they want from them and do get is 100% commitment to the team and fans, Last night was the pinnacle for me in N IRE football and I witnessed the shape of things to come . I was there in the days of sectarian and religious intolerance and had always found it so Disgusting and embarrassing  when one considers that ALL N IRE teams have had a huge amount of Catholics playing for  N IRE.
 Now GandT maybe ill make the all Ireland finals one day lol , WELL done also th the Republic a truly superb result for them and now gives them a great chance to qualify automatically but at the least a play of place, Wouldn't like to see both countries drawn in the same group but be nice to see them in the semi-finals playing against each other lol, Now all we need top put the iceing on the cake for me is N IRE to beat Iceland on Sunday , Cant wait ,     :)   Regards ken
" outside of a dog " a book is mans best friend,
inside of a dog is far to dark to read."

yakkiebush

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 12:26:22 AM »
Iceland    are you on your funny half hour. :D  cracker.

AL CAPONE

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »

Glad you enjoyed last night GandT and pleased you found it as you did and all the hard work by the IFA and all supporters clubs and supporters have worked and have changed for the better, Gone is the old sectarian rubbish that once was prevalent at Windsor Park, The current thousands who support N IRE are not interested in what religion a N IRE played is all they want from them and do get is 100% commitment to the team and fans, Last night was the pinnacle for me in N IRE football and I witnessed the shape of things to come . I was there in the days of sectarian and religious intolerance and had always found it so Disgusting and embarrassing  when one considers that ALL N IRE teams have had a huge amount of Catholics playing for  N IRE.
 Now GandT maybe ill make the all Ireland finals one day lol , WELL done also th the Republic a truly superb result for them and now gives them a great chance to qualify automatically but at the least a play of place, Wouldn't like to see both countries drawn in the same group but be nice to see them in the semi-finals playing against each other lol, Now all we need top put the iceing on the cake for me is N IRE to beat Iceland on Sunday , Cant wait ,     :)   Regards ken

Aye right  :D   https://www.facebook.com/144469889056805/videos/312585518911907/ This was during the week.

old3wheeler

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »

Aye right  :D   https://www.facebook.com/144469889056805/videos/312585518911907/ This was during the week.

Seems not all N ire have changed if this is a true recording and nothing that has been dubbed , Lets face it its not hard to dub sound and one of the big give aways when its done is the poor quality sound, But unfortunately there is still a minority of folk who will never change not matter what, But that applies to both factions of the community and both are always willing to show the others in the negative,
Good thing is they are a small in number and the huge majority of N IRE fans have embraced the new N ire and all it means , IM happy to say that GandTS post on his night at Windsor was really encouraging and I know how he feels and his own deep held political views , Something we have both in common and have actually I feel learned from and can hopefully pass on to our own families  :),
Aint easy for either of us lol but at least we are trying to change and be positive whilst still holding true to our own beliefs , Lets hope future generations may be able to compromise some also and who knows what the future may bring ( if we have one the way the Russians are getting on lol ;) )  Regards ken

AL CAPONE

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »
If you are on Facebook go on to The berlin bar's facebook page, the video is still on their homepage  :)

old3wheeler

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 10:00:23 PM »
If you are on Facebook go on to The berlin bar's facebook page, the video is still on their homepage  :)

So wernt at Windsor just in a bar ? 

Bigali

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 10:51:39 PM »
There are some whose sole intention is to keep both communities divided, unfortunately that has happened on this thread, instead of rejoicing in northern Ireland's and ROIs victories they choose to promote the negative, shame on them.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

AL CAPONE

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2015, 07:37:40 AM »

So wernt at Windsor just in a bar ?

Doesn't matter where it was, it happened and happens regularly  :)

AL CAPONE

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 07:38:20 AM »
There are some whose sole intention is to keep both communities divided, unfortunately that has happened on this thread, instead of rejoicing in northern Ireland's and ROIs victories they choose to promote the negative, shame on them.

Yes the ones in that video  ;)

Sandgroper

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 08:55:12 AM »
And nothing even remotely like this would happen in the national enclaves would it, Al and Orior ?

so why would you keep harping on?

Just to stir I presume and keep the division as wide as possible.

sg

AL CAPONE

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 09:41:26 AM »
Just stating the facts re: the blatant sectarianism with the Norn Iron fans.

ballysillan old boy

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 01:10:25 PM »
Just stating the facts re: the blatant sectarianism with the Norn Iron fans.
Lets not forget it exists south of the border as well as Rangers players have received sectarian abuse playing for their country
So it is not a N Ireland issue only thing
Has an IFA official been caught out sectarian songs as is the case with FAI official John Delaney ?

old3wheeler

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 10:25:51 AM »
N IRE top of thier group excellent stuff from OWC 1-1 Draw with Finland was enough cant wait for group draws on Dec 12 :) :)   So as we can get the boat booked and try to get tickets for the games , Only downside to it all is it seems that the 1st stage games will be played all over blooming France lol ,the ist game could be in LILE the next in NICE then the last in Paris , Gonna take some diesel lol to fuel " BIG RED " (our old merc van ) if we gotta go all over the country  ::)  But it will be worth every penny France will never have seen some many parties at one time  :dance1: :drinks: :party: lol, Roll On June 2106, Good luck to the Republic also in their play off game and who knows we may get both countires in the same tournament , Regards ken