Author Topic: home is where the heart is  (Read 4104 times)

piglet

home is where the heart is
« on: December 01, 2007, 12:28:50 AM »
Hi to all on this site
I was born and raised in belfast and now live in Greece, well co antrim and now corfu :) At least i cant complain bout the summers!!! O0

Lillikins

Re: home is where the heart is
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 11:53:30 PM »
WELCOME TO THE FORUM piglet - Enjoy the craic (and your lovely warm weather)    O0

Arlene

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »
welcome piglet  O0 hope you'll enjoy the Forum  O0
Be kind to one another because everyone is fighting some sort of battle

giannineo

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:59:32 PM »
piglet, piglet,piglet, tell me more....welcome btw. .more about Corfu, where abouts? .I go to Arillas and Agios Stefanos regularily.

sj

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:32:57 AM »
piglet, piglet,piglet, tell me more....welcome btw. .more about Corfu, where abouts? .I go to Arillas and Agios Stefanos regularily.

Why didn't he reply ::)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

piglet

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »
Hi everyone  :)
Sorry for not replying sooner, but i'm just trying to work out how to use everything! :-[
I live in north east corfu, but have been to Arillas and San Stefanos quite a few times  O0

What makes u think im a "he"  (Why doesn't he reply)!!! :coolsmiley: ;D

deke

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:34:47 PM »

Piglet     be nice to Giannineo    he has Seroma    :(
I used to be indecisive.   Now I'm not so sure.

giannineo

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 09:05:53 PM »
Hi Piglet, I have been to Kassiopi, Acharavai, Ag.Stef (n.e.) Roda and all around the N.E.  coast many times, beautiful....I do not care much for the Corfu south of Corfu town, but the North and West are beautiful, lovely place to live O0

sj

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 09:57:51 PM »
Hi everyone  :)
Sorry for not replying sooner, but i'm just trying to work out how to use everything! :-[
I live in north east corfu, but have been to Arillas and San Stefanos quite a few times  O0

What makes u think im a "he"  (Why doesn't he reply)!!! :coolsmiley: ;D

It must have been a long night...Piglet ::)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

piglet

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »
Hi Piglet, I have been to Kassiopi, Acharavai, Ag.Stef (n.e.) Roda and all around the N.E.  coast many times, beautiful....I do not care much for the Corfu south of Corfu town, but the North and West are beautiful, lovely place to live O0
[/ quote]
Hi Giannineo  :)  Yeah thats the area that i live in, you must know the place pretty well!! I don't like the south of the island either very much, thats more for the young mad things!!
Where do u live? Do u still go to Corfu during the summer? Must say i do love the summers here, winters are pretty quiet, without the tourists around. Roll on summer O0

giannineo

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
Hi piglet, I live in Perthshire ,Scotland. .have been to Corfu many times and to Greece around thirty times.....have not been to Corfu for about three years though.I have often thought of retiring to Greece  and Magoulades near Avliotes.I think is is absolutely beautiful there.Had my usual christmas card fron Noula Mouzakitis of Ag, Stefanos Travel this year and look at the Arillas and Ag.Stef. websites regularily. If you are ever in Arillas and hungry, the Arillas Inn or Brouklis Taverna do excellent Greek food,and the Golden Beach in Ag. Stef. the same. Have stopped in Ag. Stef N.E.  and had a meal....beautiful spot.
      Kali mera, Yiannis & Vivi apo Skotia..

piglet

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:17:44 PM »
Deke whats Seroma? ???

And yeah Sj it was a very long nite!! Unfortunately a few members of r family had been sick during December, so didn't have the time to even turn on the computer, never mind tryin work out how to use it! :(

piglet

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
Well Giannineo its nice to see you havn't forgot your greek in the last 3 years O0
Lots of people who come to Corfu seem to fall in love with the place and want to retire out here, quite a few have done over the years. And others have built themselves villas to be used as holiday homes, and then they come as many times as they like during summer and winter (though there are no direct flights to Corfu during winter, so they come via Athens)
As long as you don't mind the quiet life, the damp and the rain, through the winter you'd be just fine!! ;D

giannineo

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 04:03:19 PM »
Hi Piglet, I have seen the weather change so quickly at the start of October in Corfu. A big stumbling block would be the mozzies.....my wife is allergic to the bite of the mozzie.We tend to go to Kalymnos more now ,not nearly as green as Corfu, way more difficult to get to,but the mozzie problem is not nearly so bad.Idon't get bothered but we might as well book an advance appointment with Dr.Papadopolous in Arillas for my wife and the mozzie reaction....we have tried everything.
                Kali spera,ti kanete? Yiannis.

piglet

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
Hey Giannineo (imme poli kali simera efgaresto!) ;)
Yeah i know those mossies are little [censored] for some people, my mam as well they really love her and we've had to make quite a few trips to doc's as well. They don't tend to bite me, but i do swear by Skin so soft by avon (dry oil body spray) for some reason the mossies don't like that, either that or its the vodka that keeps them away ;D