Author Topic: home is where the heart is  (Read 4156 times)

giannineo

Re: home is where the heart is
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 03:48:03 PM »
Kali spera Piglet....we have tried the avon, Jungle Formula, all the proprietary brands and the one used by the S.  African Army.....no joy...it is the same in Highland Scotland with midges    aaaaagh, we plug in the mozzie machines, burn the coils on the balcony. .naw.
             piperi gemistes tonight with horiatiki. .oxi oinos ellenikos, but a drop of chardonnay, kala orexi,Yiannis.

sj

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 10:17:46 PM »
Kali spera Piglet....we have tried the avon, Jungle Formula, all the proprietary brands and the one used by the S.  African Army.....no joy...it is the same in Highland Scotland with midges    aaaaagh, we plug in the mozzie machines, burn the coils on the balcony. .naw.
             piperi gemistes tonight with horiatiki. .oxi oinos ellenikos, but a drop of chardonnay, kala orexi,Yiannis.

Mr G ,
It seems as if you have tried a lot.     Have you tried vitamin B.  Seemingly it works.  Personally I don't have a major problem but living in the wet tropics at this time of year it is a problem at dawn and dusk.  Once the sun goes then the mozzies arn't as active. Citronella seems to work although you smell like an oil lamp afterwards. O0
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

giannineo

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 01:01:07 PM »
sj,ta, will research the vit B...HAVE TRIED THE CITRONELLA CANDLES AND EXTRACTS WITH CITRONELLA...yes, the wife smelt like a toilet disinfectant afterwards( which is a plus), but it didn't keep the mozzies away O0

piglet

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 06:58:15 PM »
Bravo giannineo, how where your stuffed peppers for dinner? I made our favourite Sofrito me makorona, kai lakanyia carrotta salata! it was great.
I noticed that a few tourists this year had little electronic bleepers for the mozzies, not sure whether they work or not though ::) But i suppose anything is worth a try eh?

deirdred

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
welcome piglet it must be beautiful were you are and the weather  :D where in antrim were you from  deirdred 8)

deirdred

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 07:03:26 PM »
try lemon grass for mossies it works its a plant just sit it around the mossies do not like it  O0

piglet

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
Thank you Deirdred :)
I was born and raised just outside Carrickfergus, yeah it is lovely here bit quiet though as its winter, but not to worry it will soon be busy again when the tourists start arriving for the summer. Cant wait  O0

giannineo

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
kali spera Piglet...piperis gemistes poli aurea kai horiatiki kai melitsanosalata.  I went to Arillas and Agios Stefanos via the internet last night and saw many friends and the beautiful thalassa and ta kymata. O0Eimai kala, ti kanete?

piglet

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
Yassou giannineo :)
Eimai poli kala, though cant say the same bout the weather today, its rained all nite and forecast till tuesday, hmm lovely at least weather like this stops me getting homesick i quess!! ;D

giannineo

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 12:58:20 PM »
yeia sou Piglet, weather is the same here....turned from minus 8 to heavy rain all night. .have you ever been up to Sokraki and round by Ano Korakiani   beautiful  O0