Author Topic: family ancestors of Notaro (notarantonio) little italy belfast any info please  (Read 2779 times)

MARYNONO

trying to create a family tree for children and grandchildren of Notaro (notarantonio) any info or links little Patrick st area of little Italy Belast, originally from Isola Del Liri / Sora region of Italy, thanking anyone for more info in advance, regards Mary.

Nick Keene

Not a common name in Belfast as you can imagine but big family name in west Belfast, have a look at links here below

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/he-was-killed-in-front-of-me-i-will-never-forget-him-struggling-to-breathe-28455821.html

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=45767.0

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/sep/25/northernireland.johnmullin

I think you would be better searching Belfast telephone records etc to try and track the family down and have no doubt you'll get some, good luck

valkerr

Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage   21 Feb 1898
Groom Name   Antonio NOTARANTONIO
Bride Name   Maria Guazia  VERGATI
Church   Belfast Roman Catholic Church
Parish   Belfast Urban 2
Civil District   Belfast
County   Antrim
NOTARANTONIO   ANTONIO   1898   VICTOR   Antrim   

Census Years1901AntrimSt. Anne'sLittle Patrick StreetResidents of a house
Residents of a house 52 in Little Patrick Street (St. Anne's, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname   Forename   Age   Sex   Relation to head   Religion   Birthplace   Occupation   Literacy   Irish Language   Marital Status   Specified Illnesses
Peroch   Angelo   26   Male   Father   Roman Catholic   Italy   Moulder of Figures   Read and write in italian   -   Married   -
Notaro   Antona   20   Male   Lodger   Roman Catholic   Italy   Organ Grinder   Read and write in italian   -   Spinster   -
Stevenson   Mary   60   Female   Lodger   Protestant   Ballymena   Not Engaged   Can read and write   -   Married   -
Arthurs   John   76   Male   Lodger   Protestant   Belfast   Tailor   Can read and write   -   Married   -
Bulger   Ellen   50   Female   Lodger   Roman Catholic   Belfast   Worker in General   Can read and write   -   Married   -
Notaro   Victoria      Male   Lodger   Roman Catholic   Belfast   Young   Cannot read   -   Not Married   -
Notaro   John   2   Male   Lodger   Roman Catholic   Belfast   Young   Cannot read   -   Not Married   -
Notaro   Rose   21   Female   Lodger   Roman Catholic   London   Organ Grinder   Read and write in italian   -   Spinster   -
Peroch   Mary   24   Female   Mother   Roman Catholic   Co Antrim   House Keeper   Can read   -   Married   -
Peroch   Joseph   3   Male   Son   Roman Catholic   Belfast   Young   Cannot read   -   Spinster   -

Census Years1911AntrimSt. Anne's WardPatrick Street, LittleResidents of a house
Residents of a house 4.1 in Patrick Street, Little (St. Anne's Ward, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname   Forename   Age   Sex   Relation to head   Religion   Birthplace   Occupation   Literacy   Irish Language   Marital Status   Specified Illnesses   Years Married   Children Born   Children Living
Notario   Antonio   28   Male   Head of Family   Roman Catholic   Italy   Ice Cream Vendor   Read and write   -   Married   -   -   -   -
Notario   Minnie   25   Female   Wife   Roman Catholic   Co Antrim   -   Read and write   -   Married   -   5   3   1
Notario   Victor   11   Male   Son   Roman Catholic   Belfast City   Scholar   Read and write   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Notario   Charles      Male   Son   Roman Catholic   Belfast City   -   Cannot Read   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Notario   John   12   Male   Son   Roman Catholic   Belfast City   Scholar   Read and write   -   Single   -   -   -   -
Notario   Loin   21   Male   Brother   Roman Catholic   Italy   Ice Cream Vendor   Cannot Read   -   Single   -

Im guessing this is a 2nd marriage.
Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage   10 Mar 1917
Groom Name   Antonio NOTARO
Bride Name   Mary  MONTGOMERY
Church   Belfast Roman Catholic Church
Parish   Belfast Urban 2
Civil District   Belfast
County   Antrim
NOTARO   ANTONIO   1917   VICTORIO   Antrim

CMcG

Information from St. Patrick's Belfast registers (ie. full of errors / mistranscriptions):

Giovanno (John) Notarantonio was born on 9 December 1898 and baptised on 22 December 1898, his address was given as 64 Little Patrick Street and his parents as Antonio Notarantonio and Maria Grazia Vergati.  This is the same  person as bachelor John Notaro Antonio, a labourer from 64 Baker Street who married spinster Sarah McTeague, a printer from 7 Edward Street on 14 October 1920.  The groom's father was given as Antonio Notaro Antonio, a labourer, the bride's as Thomas Patrick McTeague, a labourer. The witnesses were John Adams and Mary Captain.

Lenziata (Lucy) Notarantonio was born on 14 November 1902 and baptised on 2 December 1902, her address was given as Gt Patrick St and her parents as Antonio Notarantonio and Rosa Gratia Fargadi.  The sponsor was given as Minnie Capatania.  This is the same person as Lenziata Notarantonio of 64 Little Patrick Street who married Domenico Magliocca of 64 Little Patrick Street on 9 November 1925. The groom's father was described as Benedetto Magliocca from Italy, his mother as Maria Domenica Magliocca.  The bride's father was described as Antonio Notarantonio from Derry, her mother as Maria G Vergat, also from Derry.  The witnesses were Victorio Notarantonio from 64 Baker Street and Margaret Captain of 64 Little Patrick Street.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

Also in St. Patrick's Belfast, Vittorio Notarantonio was baptised on 27 August 1900, the given address was 16 Little Patrick Street, the parents given as Antonio Notarantonio and Maria Grazia Vergati, the sponsors were John Morelli and Philomena Morelli. Vittorio went on to marry Margaret Anne Donnelly on 25 April 1919 in St. Peter's Belfast.

Also lots and lots of records (unfortunately including quite a few young deaths) at GRONI online:

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

JimG

the big 6 pages or replies is on http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=43885.0 it includes a few wisecracks

MargaretS

trying to create a family tree for children and grandchildren of Notaro (notarantonio) any info or links little Patrick st area of little Italy Belast, originally from Isola Del Liri / Sora region of Italy, thanking anyone for more info in advance, regards Mary.

They lived in no 21 Nelson street at the corner of little Patrick  st
I think there were 3 sisters  nancy  mary  sally
son's  micky  Louis  john 
there may have been more
they  move up yhe falls Rd I think
the mother and father died in Nelson street
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

DOMENICO MAGLIOCCO

Hi Mary, are you in Belfast

MARYNONO

Hello there i do not live in belfast i live in southwest of ireland but my husband victor is from belfast his dad was victor notaro and mom anita o' neill grandad was johnny notarantonio married to sarah mc teague thanks for texting

``

DOMENICO MAGLIOCCO

ok, thats of interest to me. My nonna, granny, was Lenziatta Notarantonio. Her brother was Johnny, Giovanni. I have a photo of him somewhere. Do you know if your Johnny's parents where Antonio Notarantnio and Maria Vergati? I'll have a look tomorrow for the photo. Dom