Author Topic: Maghaberry Prison  (Read 2524 times)

stickleback

Maghaberry Prison
« on: November 05, 2015, 01:24:21 PM »

The ' most dangerous' prison the Chief Inspector has ever visited.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/northern_ireland

jmac

Re: Maghaberry Prison
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
They obviously never visited the Maze or the Crum then  ::)
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

Bigali

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 12:13:52 AM »

Now there's a funny thing. . ::)
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

stickleback

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »

Well, never having visited The Crum or indeed any prison, my own solution is short, sharp shock rather than locking up the crims for years for crimes outside murder or sex crimes. People talk about over-population in prisons. I like the Japanese capsule system. I STRONGLY believe in re-educating and skills training for prisoners. It beggars belief that society can punish a prisoner through incarceration and still seek to punish them on release. It is only asking for re-offending. I believe that prisoners should not be thrown on the street but trained and have a job to enter. I know of one guy who is now 34 and on his second life sentence. He squared up for a fight when he was 22 and with one punch he killed the guy he was fighting with one punch. He was released and two years clean another fight scenario, same outcome. One punch and he has killed a second person. There was no follow up either time. This guy shouldn't be doing time, he should be in the Olympic boxing team, when we would all be cheering him on. Instead, he's on a second life sentence and his life is screwed up.

JackM

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »

:D
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Belfast Woman

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 06:56:55 PM »

Well, never having visited The Crum or indeed any prison, my own solution is short, sharp shock rather than locking up the crims for years for crimes outside murder or sex crimes. People talk about over-population in prisons. I like the Japanese capsule system. I STRONGLY believe in re-educating and skills training for prisoners. It beggars belief that society can punish a prisoner through incarceration and still seek to punish them on release. It is only asking for re-offending. I believe that prisoners should not be thrown on the street but trained and have a job to enter. I know of one guy who is now 34 and on his second life sentence. He squared up for a fight when he was 22 and with one punch he killed the guy he was fighting with one punch. He was released and two years clean another fight scenario, same outcome. One punch and he has killed a second person. There was no follow up either time. This guy shouldn't be doing time, he should be in the Olympic boxing team, when we would all be cheering him on. Instead, he's on a second life sentence and his life is screwed up.

He shouldnt be let out at all,you sound like he should be given a medal or something.  scumbags like this need locked up and throw the key away

McNamee

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »
Quite correct, He should never see daylight again. .I bet the parents of the two he killed had wished he was on a Boxing Team, but he wasn't....He didn't learn from his first killing!!!!!!!!!Bet he hasn't learnt from his second...

bq-125rex

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 03:38:38 AM »
the prisoners dictate the regime and after the maze this was never going to happen pity no one informed the idiotic liberals within the system  that this is the product of their folly i know i just worked there for nearly 30 years
Bq125rex

Dot/dash

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 10:57:27 AM »

I very much doubt if he'd be Olympic material     .   this guy obviously has      the punch of death       
love me          love my gelding     

implaccable

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 03:33:57 PM »
Oh the poor wee fellow, two life sentences & hes only 34, the two victims have lost their lives due to him not being able to control his temper, I wonder what the two families would feel if he was released in the not too distant future. If there is true justice he should be incarcerated for a long time, them rehabilitate him, if that's possible.
What ever happened to an eye for an eye etc, life for murder these days amounts to about 10 years, it used to be a hanging.

hair.oil

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »
mo.molans intervention on the dispute over the size of the sausage rolls kept the kesh quite.

McNamee

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »
I remember all about the sausage rolls....It was unbelievable, but you couldn't help but laugh. ;)

dublin222

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 07:08:10 PM »
Hope it's OK to post here. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what it is like in Maghabery these days?

I am from the South and did not turn up for my trial and so am expecting to go on remand and told I would probably go here. I just need to get this sorted out now and get on with my life before things get worse.

Would someone from the South  have a tougher time here. Just looking for an idea of what to expect if anybody can help.

CMcG

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 07:31:36 PM »

Hope it's OK to post here. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what it is like in Maghabery these days?

I am from the South and did not turn up for my trial and so am expecting to go on remand and told I would probably go here. I just need to get this sorted out now and get on with my life before things get worse.

Would someone from the South  have a tougher time here. Just looking for an idea of what to expect if anybody can help.

Oh please...  :o

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Bigali

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 07:42:30 PM »

If you drop the soap in the showers , kick it out before you bend down to pick it up  ;)
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .