Author Topic: Maghaberry Prison  (Read 2523 times)

Billy Fish

Re: Maghaberry Prison
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 08:49:31 PM »
Hope it's OK to post here. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what it is like in Maghabery these days?

I am from the South and did not turn up for my trial and so am expecting to go on remand and told I would probably go here. I just need to get this sorted out now and get on with my life before things get worse.

Would someone from the South  have a tougher time here. Just looking for an idea of what to expect if anybody can help.

It's Top of the Pops now. The most improved Prison in the U.K., nay the World. A clean bill of health and a venerable holiday camp these days, by all accounts. :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Argo

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
I'd prefer it if our pensioners were made sure that they got three meals a day and free T.V. access. Plus someone was sent around to make sure of it. Say a home help service. Now that would be novel in this day and age.

ldugan

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 10:27:02 PM »
I'd prefer it if our pensioners were made sure that they got three meals a day and free T.V. access. Plus someone was sent around to make sure of it. Say a home help service. Now that would be novel in this day and age.

Just some of the new changes for Maghaberry during its £54m renovation.

➢ Use of colours and different types of material to help create a sense of individual space and soften security critical features;

➢  the building has open, bright areas, wide landings, different zones with clear distinction between learning, health and leisure activity, large and small communal areas;

➢  Research shows access to the land has been shown to increase self-efficacy and self-worth and to decrease anxiety and importantly to reduce recidivism rates.  Davis House provides prisoners with a choice of external recreational and horticulture areas with views to the countryside;

➢  Cell design provides an element of control for occupants.  As research shows the absence of control can increase stress, prisoners in Davis House wil
➢  Access to personal in cell computers to book appointments etc. will create personal independence and help redirect officers’ work to engagement and rehabilitation. 

It is shameful that £54m could be found to make criminal prison life easy.
 Yet our old people live in fear and poverty, the fear probably caused by some of Maghaberry inmates.
 More shameful that WE let them get away with it. >:D
We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

Bigali

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 07:42:47 AM »
It’s not often Idugan but I agree with you this time.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jillyfred

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 10:59:11 AM »
Liz I was completely unaware of this £54M being spent on this place.

Its absolutely sickening for the reasons you have given.

Thank you for posting this information.

jilly

JackM

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 01:26:23 PM »
Just some of the new changes for Maghaberry during its £54m renovation.

➢ Use of colours and different types of material to help create a sense of individual space and soften security critical features;

➢  the building has open, bright areas, wide landings, different zones with clear distinction between learning, health and leisure activity, large and small communal areas;

➢  Research shows access to the land has been shown to increase self-efficacy and self-worth and to decrease anxiety and importantly to reduce recidivism rates.  Davis House provides prisoners with a choice of external recreational and horticulture areas with views to the countryside;

➢  Cell design provides an element of control for occupants.  As research shows the absence of control can increase stress, prisoners in Davis House wil
➢  Access to personal in cell computers to book appointments etc. will create personal independence and help redirect officers’ work to engagement and rehabilitation. 

It is shameful that £54m could be found to make criminal prison life easy.
 Yet our old people live in fear and poverty, the fear probably caused by some of Maghaberry inmates.
 More shameful that WE let them get away with it. >:D

Hasn't it always been this way ?   :D
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 02:18:22 AM »
After watching prison life on the Isle of  man  I’d say they have a better time in than out   I also believe prisoners should be re abilitated to thier advantage but should face up to thier crimes to  
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 07:34:14 AM »

It's an absolute disgrace!!!...anyone that has done a tour of Crumlin Rd jail would agree that that is the type of prison that should be provided for those criminals, not the holiday camp that Maghaberry has become, they are put in jail to be punished for their evil crimes, not to have a life of Riley, and if they see the error of their ways when in there well and good, if not tough, stick them back in again and again !!!
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 05:58:20 PM »

OOOOPS, wrong thread boyo!!! 
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!