Author Topic: Hunter Family  (Read 2261 times)

Pat1

Hunter Family
« on: January 23, 2016, 05:28:09 PM »
 Would really love to hear from anyone who knows of a Hunter family who lived in and aound theOld Lodge Road and the Falls Road Regards Pat

Astor

Re: Hunter Family
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
Would really love to hear from anyone who knows of a Hunter family who lived in and aound theOld Lodge Road and the Falls Road Regards Pat

Pat1, you might have better luck if you look on one of the Old Lodge Road threads, not many people read the classified section.

Here's a link for you to try

www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=37470.315

There are 22 pages on this thread, so someone might be able to help you - Good luck.
Que Sera Sera

Pat1

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 03:28:15 PM »
         Thank you for you message, been trying all morning to put something on the page. My dads family came from Dagmar Street and there were 9 children,and i can remember 2 of my uncles lived round about i think it was Agnes Street.I have alot of cousins who i guess still live in Belfast i have been doing my family tree but it can cost quite a bit to get someone to look things up in the Groni office. Thanks again Pat1

Magin

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 01:25:26 AM »
I know Hunters from the west. Feel free to pm me chum.

Pat1

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »
   Thank you for your message, I now wonder if it is anything to do with my dads family.Do you have any idea where they lived or any of their own family.thank you very much any way. and my name is Patricia just in case you thought i was a male.Would be so pleased if it was my long lost family

Magin

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »
I'll send you a pm.   :)

CMcG

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 09:23:15 AM »
Is this him in Belfast City Cemetery, Glenalina Extension?

https://ssl.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=B2&GraveNumber=72&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery%20-%20Glenalina%20Extension

The Belfast street directories available on the Lennon Wylie website show him at 16 Dagmar Street from the 1932 directory to the 1960 directory.

There's a John Henry Hunter who married a Jane Close in St. Anne's Church of Ireland in 1921, I wonder if related?

Pat1

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 04:41:22 PM »
 :)
        Thank you for letting me know what you have found, yes these are my Grandparents.Could you say where or how you searched,would love to know.
         Would like to find out more because theirs was a big family and we all lost touch, but the forum have been very helpful.
             My uncles Joseph, David  and my auntie Jeanie lived just around from Dagmar Street
                       Kind Regards Pat 1