Author Topic: Armstrong family from 28 Moltke  (Read 1148 times)

Angus18

Armstrong family from 28 Moltke
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
Hi, does anyone remember Mr and Mrs George Armstrong from 28 Molltke Street and their children Margaret, Maureen and George.
I married their son George's daughter but sadly they lost contact.

I would appreciate I'd anyone could advise of any of their where about.

Re: Armstrong family from 28 Moltke
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 03:12:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum Angus18.  I can't help with the whereabouts of the family but, if you can give a timescale it may help. 

Angus18

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 03:23:44 PM »
Mr and Mrs Armstrong died around 1986. Not sure if ant of their children lived with them at that time.

Ringo

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
There were two families named Armstrong in Moltke street Both had a son called George . I am going back till 1958-1966

The Oldest George would be about 74YOA He had two brothers can only remember one call Tommy

The other George would be about 69YOA.

Both played football the younger one I think had a spell with Middlesborough FC.

Ringo.

Playful

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum Angus18.  I can't help with the whereabouts of the family but, if you can give a timescale it may help.
[/quoiite] I remember the Armstrong's we played with margaret she has passed away I think Maureen lives on the downfall road don't know about george

Playful

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 09:27:55 PM »
Hi, does anyone remember Mr and Mrs George Armstrong from 28 Molltke Street and their children Margaret, Maureen and George.

Playful

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 09:32:20 PM »
I was a very close friend of margaret but she passed away 3yrs ago I think Maureen lives in Sydney's but could have moved I remember the family very well her dad and her g parents

boydso

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 02:16:30 AM »

I knew the armstrongs but not sure of their whereabouts now,we lived in number 18 moltke street

Playful

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Mr and Mrs Armstrong died around 1986. Not sure if ant of their children lived with them at that time.
hi Angus 18I was a close friend of margaret we all played together and I also remember her dad and her g parents George n Josephine Armstrong went in and out of their house many a time if I can b of any help just ask

jackweds

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 01:19:08 AM »
Hi, my dad's family are all from Moltke street, no 60. The McBrien's, Jim McBrien my grandad worked on the railways and rode a bike and my Granny Eileen was a tall lady who talked for Northern Ireland. They had 5 kids. 2 sons, John and William McBrien, then 3 daughters, Anne crooks, Dorothy Jess, Linda Storey. My mum was from lecale street, her dad was victor Halliday, married to Alice Halliday and had 3 kids, Linda McBrien, Bobby or Robert Halliday and Eleanor Harvey. My granda victor worked down in the shipyards. This would have been time wise from ww2 till about 10 years ago. Now most live in sydnam or Makkusk.