Author Topic: BETTY WALLACE /BETTY WILSON BELFAST  (Read 835 times)

Freddy63

BETTY WALLACE /BETTY WILSON BELFAST
« on: February 19, 2016, 11:41:08 AM »

I am trying to trace a very old friend of my wife. My wifes maiden name was Kathleen Clements. Her friends maiden name was Betty Wallace. She originally came from Diamond Street Shankill Road and her grandfather had a cobblers shop just up above Tennent Street also she had brothers and sisters. She married and became Wilson and lived in Antrim. She then remarried and lived in Clonmore Green Rathcoole and the last i heard from a friend was she had moved to Bangor and i heard that her married name now is Reynolds.
 I hope some one will know her as she was at our wedding back in 1968 and my wife would like to see her again

Notify

lstemp

Re: BETTY WALLACE /BETTY WILSON BELFAST
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »
Hi,
I'm wondering if we're connected. I'm trying to find information about the history of my Grandma Mary Clements (later Windle after she married). We believe she had an older sister called Kathleen Clements. She would have been born mid/late 1920s - my Grandma being born 1929. Could this be any connection to your wife's family?
Thank you.Louise

Freddy63

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »
No we are not related different Kathleen Clements   Have you tried the Belfast City Council Burial Site it is very good you put a name in and a year of death and it will list the grave also who is in it and their address when they died. It is very interesting and i hope you find out some details.   Fred

Freddy63

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 10:17:47 AM »
Sorry i also meant to say we have traced Betty Wilson and we are now in touch

lstemp

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 12:43:04 PM »
Hi Fred,

Thank you for replying, I'm glad you found who you were looking for.
With the help of people on this forum we have found lots of interesting information out about my past relatives but I think we may have to visit to locate more info on my mum's auntie.
Thank you for your suggestion re graves, it's something I will look into.