Author Topic: University research - interviews wanted!  (Read 18199 times)

doare.

Re: University research - interviews wanted!
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »

1969, at least the first one, I believe. It was shortly after O'Neil's term.
there were make shift barricades in the catholic areas..the fringe areas , like the space between it became depopulated in some places...assaninations and other activities, like bottle throwing, eventually the walls spread...the walls are in the minds of the people..every election since partition was a head count...flag waving debacle..it looks like direct rule from Britain for the foreseeable future..
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

JackM

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2016, 01:10:08 PM »
I lived 44 years in divis st...from 42 til 86. .that's the worst of the "troubles" accounted for  I would reckon, so I am totally qualified to give my 2d's worth....

I thought the researcher was looking for a `here and now` update, not one from 30 years ago.   :o That being the case, we could all have given our 2d worth.  :D
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

JackM

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »
there were make shift barricades in the catholic areas..the fringe areas , like the space between it became depopulated in some places...assaninations and other activities, like bottle throwing, eventually the walls spread...the walls are in the minds of the people..every election since partition was a head count...flag waving debacle..it looks like direct rule from Britain for the foreseeable future..

Certainly, New Barnsley, Moyard, Springfield Road, Grosvenor Road, Ardoyne, Ligoneil, Oldpark, Suffolk, Crumlin Road, Duncairn Gardens, Cupar Street, Cliftonville Road, Broadway, Donegall Road & Antrim Road to name but a few, became depopulated, for a certain religion. :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.

RebeccaK

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2016, 01:40:42 PM »
I thought the researcher was looking for a `here and now` update, not one from 30 years ago.   :o That being the case, we could all have given our 2d worth.  :D

It was, but it's interesting to hear from people who have previously lived in Belfast for a long time! I could send you the survey, if you'd like to take it? Again, it is anonymous.

doare.

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2016, 09:44:13 PM »
the past is contained in the present, the present lives to bring forth the future...james joyce...to understand the present we need to understand where we came from, to change the future ? means we have to change the present....does not mean living in the past...learning from where we went off course.....does not mean banging drums to commemorate 1690 either...lol
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

doare.

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2016, 09:46:57 PM »

Certainly, New Barnsley, Moyard, Springfield Road, Grosvenor Road, Ardoyne, Ligoneil, Oldpark, Suffolk, Crumlin Road, Duncairn Gardens, Cupar Street, Cliftonville Road, Broadway, Donegall Road & Antrim Road to name but a few, became depopulated, for a certain religion. :)

true, all kinds suffered, the state is a failure from the beginning, it was heralded in with gun battles, troubles, in the 20s, the 30s, the 40s the 50s then from there all the way to now.

edmor

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2016, 10:57:43 PM »
true, all kinds suffered, the state is a failure from the beginning, it was heralded in with gun battles, troubles, in the 20s, the 30s, the 40s the 50s then from there all the way to now.

Aye. "Look what you made us do"      ;)
Pox vobiscum     Savagin'  done....chape.    Hillbillies caint spel     Proud to be a usual suspect     REM 1697

doare.

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2016, 04:40:29 AM »

Aye. "Look what you made us do"      ;)
I know its all your fault....lol

JackM

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2016, 12:52:10 PM »
the past is contained in the present, the present lives to bring forth the future...james joyce...to understand the present we need to understand where we came from, to change the future ? means we have to change the present....does not mean living in the past...learning from where we went off course.....does not mean banging drums to commemorate 1690 either...lol

A ha, its all King Billy`s fault then.  :D

JackM

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2016, 12:56:28 PM »

Since 1922 the overwhelming vast majority of people just want / wanted to live in peace and get on with their lives. It was / is the small minority of people who don't accept the State of Northern Ireland who are the problem and they are usually the ones with the bombs and guns.   :)

Dot/dash

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »
A ha, its all King Billy`s fault then.  :D

:D
love me          love my gelding     

RebeccaK

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2016, 01:21:40 PM »
Bump! I'm still looking for people willing to take the survey.

Dot/dash

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2016, 04:30:21 PM »

I see you've been relegated to the classified section       you may now have to wait until the cows home     
love me          love my gelding     

Marshmallow

Some of us are here!

McNamee

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »
Marshmallow, I am not surprised, it must be terrible for everyone who lives near a peace wall...They have my sympathy...altho I do think it would be worse if the Walls were taken down...imo